Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Whilst I agree, there's your problem 

Biggest home grown talent for them since the 92 boys, all the endeavours off the pitch, England international, Greenwood not coming back 

No matter how off form he gets, or their fans moan, or he needs to move, they won't sell him, definitley not for the sensible £40m odd that he's worth at best 

Yeah Rashford to us is exactly the kind of move he needs but there's no way he would be advised that.  Not enough money in it for everyone.

• Like 1

Rashford would be an awful signing. He’s so overhyped. Both Arsenal and Man Utd have a habit of overhyping their youth, throwing money at them and insisting they’re the best in the world. It’s why they don’t compete. Out of their collective youth product over the last 5 years, I’d say only Saka and ESR would get into the Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool squads. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

Rashford would be an awful signing. He’s so overhyped. Both Arsenal and Man Utd have a habit of overhyping their youth, throwing money at them and insisting they’re the best in the world. It’s why they don’t compete. Out of their collective youth product over the last 5 years, I’d say only Saka and ESR would get into the Man City or Liverpool squads. 

Agreed.  Man U seem to over promote too quickly and then end up in a position where they need to offer huge new contracts to keep these players.  Citeh, Chelski and Plop do it much more discreetly - may be easier to do I suppose if you have better experienced players so don't need to rush the better kids through.  It must be particularly hard at Man U when you are living under the shadow of their noisy neighbours and constantly hoping for talent to come through to allow you to compete. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Rashford would be an awful signing. He’s so overhyped. Both Arsenal and Man Utd have a habit of overhyping their youth, throwing money at them and insisting they’re the best in the world. It’s why they don’t compete. Out of their collective youth product over the last 5 years, I’d say only Saka and ESR would get into the Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool squads. 

Greenwood is a colossal talent and would make the City/Chelsea/Liverpool Squads. 

Shame he's been managed by two potato's and thinks its edgy to smack women and generally act like a word removed. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Via New Street rather than Birmingham International? ✈️

No idea but he more than likely flew to London this morning from Nigeria. Maybe another team mate is linking with him for a flight further North back to Italy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Greenwoods career is over. Whilst 'smacking' women is abhorrent enough, he's a rapist. His career is being managed by nobody, he's suspended whilst the police investigation and court case are on going.

He's done.

Hope he gets the absolute maximum they can throw at him, despicable bloke.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Greenwoods career is over. Whilst 'smacking' women is abhorrent enough, he's a rapist. His career is being managed by nobody, he's suspended whilst the police investigation and court case are on going.

He's done.

Oh I completely agree and I hope they throw away the key, the blokes a disgusting human being. 

I was purely replying to the point on Man Utd's academy has produced nothing of note in 5 years. 

9 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just out of left field..... Timo Werner... 33 Million... anyone? (That's his going rate as he wants out of Chelski apparently)

We need people who score goals. He scores less goals than Nakamba

22 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just out of left field..... Timo Werner... 33 Million... anyone? (That's his going rate as he wants out of Chelski apparently)

My toddler finishes his dinner better than that guy. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The plot thickens, Aaron Hickey fancies us I think.

Nah mate, he's not a 30yo mate of Gerrard and Purslow 

Not happening 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Oh I completely agree and I hope they throw away the key, the blokes a disgusting human being. 

I was purely replying to the point on Man Utd's academy has produced nothing of note in 5 years. 

Rashford?

37 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Haven't been reading this thread much tbh, if this is still a thing, people need to wise up and chill.

Overreactions on VillaTalk???  Nonsense!!!

• Haha 1