Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Hopefully JV dosen't have PTSD after watching that....

Is Jonathan David completely unrealistic for club like us now?

Feels like we should've had a look at him when Suso had a hard on for anyone who could control a football in Belgian league.

Had a slow start at Lille but has scored 13 in league so far aswell as 2-3 in CL.

Lille do consistantly sell their attacking players for huge money though, Pepe to Arsenal and Oshimen to Napoli were both 70m.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Feels like we should've had a look at him when Suso had a hard on for anyone who could control a football in Belgian league.

Had a slow start at Lille but has scored 13 in league so far aswell as 2-3 in CL.

Lille do consistantly sell their attacking players for huge money though, Pepe to Arsenal and Oshimen to Napoli were both 70m.

I wouldn’t say completely unrealistic. However, CL teams are already lining up for him so I’m sure it’s unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

What big name striker could we realistically expect to sign if we sold Ings or Watkins?

Can’t think of one off the top of my head except maybe Abraham if he wants to come back to the premier league but I doubt we are a big enough draw with how well he and Roma are doing this season.

personally I think between them we should be able to get 30 goals in the league IF…..

We played 4231 and got two defensive midfielders to play in the 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Can’t think of one off the top of my head except maybe Abraham if he wants to come back to the premier league but I doubt we are a big enough draw with how well he and Roma are doing this season.

personally I think between them we should be able to get 30 goals in the league IF…..

Diego Costa?

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Think it was a sliding doors moment in the summer, maybe could have got him then but the club went for Ings.

If and when he comes back to the PL it will be to a club with European football and wouldn’t think you’ll get much change from £60m now, if any.

I think we need to find the way to get the best out of Watkins and Ings as they are quality players for the level we're trying to get to. 

My worry is that Watkins is made for a counter attacking side and we seem to be focussed on being a slow build up team. I would like to see us mix it up more and keep playing the split CFs and being more direct at times.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently we have won the race for rangers 'wonderkid' rory wilson. 

Googled him

The scotsman today is saying we'll sign him, 2 days ago football Scotland had an article saying he'll reject rangers as utd and Liverpool are looking at him, the herald chucks in City too

40 goals at youth level this season, £300k compensation 

Never heard of him before your post but he sounds exciting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Googled him

The scotsman today is saying we'll sign him, 2 days ago football Scotland had an article saying he'll reject rangers as utd and Liverpool are looking at him, the herald chucks in City too

I saw that article as well.  He looks a real prospect.  Our academy must be an exciting place to be at the minute.

I think this ties in well with buying older players as well, as the academy players can see an opportunity to come through whilst also rubbing shoulders with star players on the training ground.  If we buy De Vrij for example and you are Josh Feeney or Smith Kerr, by the time you are looking to up your first team minutes, assuming they continue to develop as we all hope/expect, then a gap can open up. If we buy Gomez and he sits alongside Konsa, its much harder for the two younger players to see a pathway and maybe they are encouraged to look for a move earlier.

Difficult balance I guess but nice problem to have.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Googled him

Same. Thanks for the info sounds like a real promising signing. For 300k too seems like peanuts 

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Turned off at half time.

To be fair, once I realised our best players were missing, it was a wrap.

Not like I expected anything before that either.

Canada play some very good football and have some serious players now though.

My biggest concern was if Bailey was injured or not 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hopefully, we are still building with youth, too many panic about buying 30 year olds but we need the balance it brings. 

Ever since we loaned  29 year old Coutinho the poor bloke has apparently aged about 5 years. Apart from Ashley Young, who are these 30+ old duffers who are filling our squad?