Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

That nuance exists, so IMO it takes some of the sting out of it. But he still shouldn't have said it because he doesn't play for Penarol or whoever anymore. Racial sensitivity is a different beast in Europe. 

Absolutely, the minute you reference someone's colour in an argument, you have lost.

I do think his comments add a bit more context - instead of the view that Suarez is a massive racist, i don't think that is correct (IMO of course). He's a dickhead, a biter, a diver, a whinger, but a racist? Not sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Absolutely, the minute you reference someone's colour in an argument, you have lost.

I do think his comments add a bit more context - instead of the view that Suarez is a massive racist, i don't think that is correct (IMO of course). He's a dickhead, a biter, a diver, a whinger, but a racist? Not sure. 

I get the impression that Suarez off the field is a decent enough bloke and teammate but when he enters the pitch is an animal.  I would just prefer us to go back to buying players on the way up like we did under Dean.  I'm not sure how many other Coutinho-level signings we can pick up once the reality kicks in that Gerrard is a mid-level manager of a mid-table team.  

• Like 1

I doubt our club captain and outspoken advocate for racial equality would take too kindly to Suarez joining the team.  Suarez would cause Gerrard to lose a portion of the dressing room and I don't think he would make that mistake.  Suarez isn't coming here.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I doubt our club captain and outspoken advocate for racial equality would take too kindly to Suarez joining the team.  Suarez would cause Gerrard to lose a portion of the dressing room and I don't think he would make that mistake.  Suarez isn't coming here.  

I bet if we signed Suarez there would be no dressing room push back or issue.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, El Segundo said:

I find it strange people think we we will / should sell players like Traore and Bailey because they are not first choices. 

For me, it's not that they aren't first choice, it's that they're wingers and we no longer play with wingers or wide forwards. I think we'll buy players that fit the shape. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The question then is what do we spend it on? I think the 4 3 2 1 will come back and the positional rotation to move to a 4 3 1 2. I just don't know about our CF department is it good enough to go with next season or should we add a 3rd striker (Archer needs another Loan I'd say). 

I agreet. Maybe Hickey to cover the full back positions, Kalvin Phillips (please), l'il Phil and a striker - that'll do me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me, it's not that they aren't first choice, it's that they're wingers and we no longer play with wingers or wide forwards. I think we'll buy players that fit the shape. 

I'd rather change the manager than sell players like bailey who are pure class.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Or Pepe Reina's support for the far right in Spain. 

It’s often a mistake to mix politics with sport. You can easily be tripped up by the wrong associations when they don’t suit your argument. Surely looking at it from the opposite direction that is exactly the point of sports washing. Murderous regime in need of image boost? Hello we’re the Premier League, how can we help you?

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Hassane Kamara (Watford left back) has made more tackles, interceptions and ball recoveries than anyone else in the Premier League since he joined in January. 

But he is only 5"6 wouldn't be accepted by some fans

Think still taller than Alan Wright

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd really like Conor Gallagher but he'd cost a fortune I feel.

He's definitely an upgrade on McGinn. 

Well as it stands, no amount of money in the world can get him.

4 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Hassane Kamara (Watford left back) has made more tackles, interceptions and ball recoveries than anyone else in the Premier League since he joined in January. 

Borna Sosa.....

21 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd rather change the manager than sell players like bailey who are pure class.

I'm 50/50 on SG but ultimately the club have employed the manager to listen to and respect his opinion and go with his decisions. Think we'll see a turnover of players this summer, and it looks almost certain the likes of Bailey will be among them.

• Haha 1