Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do wonder if he’s come here to play as a defensive midfielder. Maybe not first choice, but I think he’s better than we all think in that position. 

It’s such a good deal on a free. Really smart business.

I did consider that too. And by all accounts he was pretty good in that position when he was at Fulham. It makes me wonder why he never played there for Arsenal.

20 hours ago, hippo said:

Depends how much credence you put in "SGs" view.

Hippo.....He's our manager like him or loath him.

He will make mistakes, but they all will.....He has to be given the latitude to do the job....warts 'n all.

blimey ferguson made a few clangers, none more, that giving us one of our best players of all time.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

No idea why anyone would turn their nose up at this signing. We've effectively signing a player for nothing who can play in 3 different positions. To me, it's great business!

You might even call it a transfer master stroke?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I'm sure Stevie G will do his best. I can't blame him for taking the job.

I am angry at those who made the decision to appoint him. Pretty sure he won't be a success here - I shudder to think what kind of a state the club will be in when the club decides to dispense with his services.

Is this based on anything at all? One of the oddest posts I’ve seen on here. What gave you seen since Gerrard was appointed to suggest this? 

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Is this based on anything at all? One of the oddest posts I’ve seen on here. What gave you seen since Gerrard was appointed to suggest this? 

History mate. Villa need robust managers - not squeaky voiced feckers with lots of mates in the media.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Hippo.....He's our manager like him or loath him.

He will make mistakes, but they all will.....He has to be given the latitude to do the job....warts 'n all.

blimey ferguson made a few clangers, none more, that giving us one of our best players of all time.

Mate I'd genuinely just ignore anything Hippo posts with regards to SG.

He's made it clear that there will be zero objectivity from him with Gerrard, no matter what, multiple times.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I am angry at those who made the decision to appoint him. Pretty sure he won't be a success here - I shudder to think what kind of a state the club will be in when the club decides to dispense with his services.

Image result for mad gif

MADNESS.

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's made it clear that there will be zero objectivity from him with Gerrard, no matter what, multiple times.

Too right 

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Bloody hell hahaha

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yep, even remember he said he hopes we fail under him. So pointless discussing him with him. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Guess the fair concern a fan could voice to support the idea of us being in a bad place when he leaves would be the shift to signing players later in their careers on big big wages… IF Gerrard fails and we end up stuck with them not performing, it ends up a bit like when MON left with a squad full of overpaid, over-age guys and people like Cahill had been shipped out. 

This is not my view to be fair - I was one who openly said I was worried the appointment was a gamble but have seen enough from him to not think it will be a big failure, whether or not it turns into a big success.

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

What do you make of his time here so far?

Started off quite well tbf. Countinho eye catching signing for nominal outlay. Digne looks good going forward.

Football has been dour of late. Sure you have to grind out results now and then - but it's turgid all the time.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Started off quite well tbf. Countinho eye catching signing for nominal outlay. Digne looks good going forward.

Football has been dour of late. Sure you have to grind out results now and then - but it's turgid all the time.

What a load of bollocks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Get well soon 

• Like 2

Â