Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Well the injury news is a right shit sandwich isn't it?!

where is the good new on either side?

not sure its a shit sandwich, its just a bowl of shit!?

Gutted for Boubacar and wish him the best with the recovery first and foremost.  Unai has his work cut out, hopefully we may get a surprise with Tim or someone else stepping up.  I assume we can't sign an out of contract player at all, if there was one out there?

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

You're more positive than me. I've seen this all before, we can never see things through as a club, either through bad luck or bad decisions or weak mentality or all three of those things. 

I was looking forward to the Spurs game a few weeks ago, today's news means I've decided not to go. Call me a bad fan, maybe I am, but I just can't stand watching everything go to sh*t as it usually does. 

This news reminds me of when we lost Laursen in 2008, in fact there are seriously disturbing comparisons to that season being seen in this season and the same mistakes and misfortune taking shape again. 

It's seriously hard work following his club and total agony more often than not. Sorry but it's true. 

I’ve followed the Villa for about 40 years so I’ve seen all the bad like yourself.  

Never going to call you a bad fan, how you support the Villa is your choice, all I care about is that you support Villa.

Hugely disappointing to lose Kamara but I really believe in Emery to work his socks off, use his elite tactical management and analysis skills to get a plan together with the talent we still have left to still do extremely well.

I trust Emery more than any manager I’ve seen for 40 years in this kind of situation.  I maybe setting myself up for a great fall but I can’t collapse in tears, say the season is over etc etc when we are 5th, still in the ECL and still have a talented 14-15 players and Emery, especially when when we have a 5 point gap and none of the teams below us are anything great.

I’ll be there at Spurs and all the other games but just as the Villa can let us down, they can surprise us….nobody thought we would beat Arsenal and City in the same week but we did.  Nobody expected Europe when Emery took over but we did, nobody expected us to be where we are in the league but we are…Emery keeps breaking the glass ceilings…he can do it again!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’ll probably see a McGinn and Luiz partnership that did well last season, better than it had done previously and John is so much better under Unai…

We have coped without Bouba before…

And… maybe we can look forward to seeing whether Tim can really step up and grasp this opportunity now… I doubt there are many of us who have seen enough of him to be able to make a proper judgement on that… but I was surprised and encouraged by Unai’s comments on him and how he and his coaching team have worked with and tested him…

Never give up… keep fighting… 🦁 

This...

We've had some incredibly bad luck with long-term injuries this year, but midfield is one place we should be able to make do. McGinn is more valuable in attacking midfield than in the double pivot, but he can do the double pivot. Tim may get his chance. JJ and Tielemans, or Rogers and Tielemans, can hold down the attacking midfield slots.

None of them are as good of ball-winners as Kamara, but the situation is not hopeless. I remain more worried about our defence.

Injury to insult. :rolleyes: 

Who knows, this news might spark some defiance in the squad which they can use as fuel for the rest of the season. It was always going to be a tooth and nail fight. That is clearer than ever now.

If Pau comes back fully fit say for next match, would Carlos or Lenglet be able to do a sort of hybrid DM role? 🤔

Might seem silly on the surface but sometimes you actually stumble onto a winning formula that clicks through injury and accident!

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Injury to insult. :rolleyes: 

Who knows, this news might spark some defiance in the squad which they can use as fuel for the rest of the season. It was always going to be a tooth and nail fight. That is clearer than ever now.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If Pau comes back fully fit say for next match, would Carlos or Lenglet be able to do a sort of hybrid DM role? 🤔

Might seem silly on the surface but sometimes you actually stumble onto a winning formula that clicks through injury and accident!

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Emery proved last season (and this) he is very good at shuffling his pack when needs be and putting a winning team on the pitch regardless. As you say, we may well stumble on something. 

Love the positivity starting to come back on the site…

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Do we think he was carrying a niggle before this injury. Hasn't been himself for a while now, was one of the best in the Prem.

Newborn curse. Struck Ollie around the same times and he took a nosedive in form too.

Family man pros - not drunk at training and not hitting the tequila the night before a match.

Family man cons - constantly sleep deprived.

Edited by DJBOB

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thinking outside the box but maybe it would suit Cash once Konsa is back.  Kamara would be right back when in possession, Matty is mobile, tenacious and him cutting back and taking the safe option when passing might be more useful than out wide.  Just a thought.  I suspect we will get by with Doug, McGinn, Ramsey and Tielemans plus Tim which isn't a bad 5 to have, albeit Doug and McGinn will have to play pretty much every minute.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Thinking outside the box but maybe it would suit Cash once Konsa is back.  Kamara would be right back when in possession, Matty is mobile, tenacious and him cutting back and taking the safe option when passing might be more useful than out wide.  Just a thought.  I suspect we will get by with Doug, McGinn, Ramsey and Tielemans plus Tim which isn't a bad 5 to have, albeit Doug and McGinn will have to play pretty much every minute.

I like Cash, but having him play back to goal in the same role Kamara did when trying to play out from Martinez might take the cake for silliest things I would ever see Villa try to do.

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Do we think he was carrying a niggle before this injury. Hasn't been himself for a while now, was one of the best in the Prem.

I don't know but he hasn't had the same tenacity or skill as he did previous to the first injury. 

• Like 1

**** we've had the worst injuries of any team this season by a long way.

All would be guaranteed starters except perhaps Emi who would've been at least a heavily used rotation player:

Mings - whole season
Buendia - whole season effectively bar perhaps a month at the end
Kamara - whole second half of the season and who knows when back next
Pau - about 8 games?
Moreno - 8 games missed and struggled when back
Ramsey  - as above
Konsa - will miss 4-5 games it seems

• Like 1

Â