Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Losing Kamara for the rest of the season would be very bad indeed but this is flat out untrue.

What's worse is it's probably he's out for a long time essentially ruling him out of most of next season. 

We were excellent last season when we lost Kamara for a period in that 10 game unbeaten run. Somehow remained solid and resilient and continued to pick up results (given we had a settled back 4 at the time)

We have to trust Unai to adapt. He must be pretty distraught himself losing so many important players to long term injuries whilst he’s trying to achieve something. He’ll just get on with it and wont complain, its really refreshing. Hopefully he can continue to surprise us and get the results.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What's worse is it's probably he's out for a long time essentially ruling him out of most of next season. 

Wouldn’t say that most of next season. October/November at that 9-10 month range. Up to full speed will probably take most of next season though

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Formation will stay the same. 

Tim will come in.

All will be fine. 

In Unai, we trust.

I very much doubt Tim is good enough, far more likely to see Tielemans pushed up, McGinn and Luiz in the double pivot and then Ramsey or Diaby and Bailey supporting Watkins. Maybe not 4-3-3 but 4-2-3-1.

Either way we'll have even fewer options off the bench and an even more stretched squad. But hey, letting our only other senior holding midfielder in Donk leave in January was such a great idea. Our bench will soon be filled with Academy players because the wage bill is lower.

Edited by Leeroy

How did he actually injure it with the action he performed.  If he did, then is it a clear indication his legs aren't built for premier league football?

Surely there's no way it should be buckling under a no contact change of direction unless it's fundamentally flawed? Or perhaps wasn't fully recovered?

I'm no doctor though, so quite possibly taking out my arse...

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Very bad but this is worth noting:

"with a five to six month lay-off the expectation."

Screws up this season massively but shouldn't affect next season too much hopefully.

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Whether it's 9 months or 1, how did he actually injure it with the action he performed.  If he did, then is it a clear indication his legs aren't built for premier league football?

Surely there's no way it should be buckling under a no contact change of direction unless it's fundamentally flawed? Or perhaps wasn't fully recovered?

I'm no doctor though, so quite possibly taking out my arse...

I wouldn’t go that far but I believe that’s the same knee he injured ligaments in 2 years ago. Maybe there was lingering damage that never properly healed? (I’m far from a medical expert so I’m assuming I’m wrong on that)

Yep, season over. It was fun while it lasted.

Kamara missed the World Cup through injury and will now miss the Euros. Had got himself back in the France squad recently too and was likely to be in the final squad. 

Life is such a bitch, for Villa fans and for our players. 

Â