Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah, I think it’s a bit of a myth that any player with a serious injury needs stretchering off.

We saw that with Okore years back. Just walked off on his debut and I was just assuming it was a pull or cramp and he'd be back in a week or two. A year out and he was never the same.

With Kamara I looked at him after he was on the turf and he was clutching the back of his leg so got from that he'd pulled a muscle so let's hope it's a less serious injury and you're talking a couple of weeks.

spacer.png

Football gods are against us… how many effing (serious) injuries???

We’re in a good place but imagine where we’d be if everyone stayed fit…

if not for Unai… we wouldn’t have managed very well…

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but he walked down the tunnel under his own power so it can't be that bad can it?

It's very common for people with ACL tears to be able to walk just fine after. I hope it's not true but him walking down the tunnel unfortunately doesn't say a whole lot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but he walked down the tunnel under his own power so it can't be that bad can it?

I walked around for two days before having it confirmed as an ACL, I thought straightaway yesterday that's what he'd done. Really hoping its better news

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Our medical team seem to insist that our injured players with leg/knee/ankle injuries put their full weight on it and walk off the pitch.

Just now, maqroll said:

Our medical team seem to insist that our injured players with leg/knee/ankle injuries put their full weight on it and walk off the pitch.

Yes, I've noticed this. Although this wouldn't make an ACL injury worse, if I'd just hurt my knee, I'd at least appreciate some crutches if not a stretcher or lift-up.

I remember when Coutinho had to walk the entire permieter of the pitch after pulling his hamstring.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Tielemans will come in and they’ll shuffle the pack, I’d imagine, with McGinn playing centrally with Douglas. 

Or Unai will sense a time to give a new formation a go and go 4-3-3 with Diaby and Bailey out wide. I suspect it will be the former, though. 

lineup (1).png

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I doubt it’s too serious. He looked in discomfort rather than pain. Hopefully he’ll be ok for next weekend or very soon after.

I would have thought that he will be out for over 1 month at least. But I agree it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as Mings's, as he was stretched off and in absolute agony. Kamara walked off, albeit in some discomfort.

• Like 1

Â