Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was absolutely dreadful. 0/10

It was exactly like Luiz v Everton in league cup, miles off it.

Emery is usually a jack in the box moving constantly around his technical area directing the team, tonight in first half he was sitting down just watching whenever the camera panned on him in the first half.

It's a shame considering we worked hard to get a 0-0 down there but again there was a vibe of "if we go out we go out" and that's a shame considering it was a home tie v non prem team up next and then the quarters where anything can happen so to me this is a missed opportunity in the FA cup compared to other years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

shame considering it was a home tie v non prem team up next

I have Leeds favourite vs Chelsea. Non prem description sounds great but they're no minnow team

34 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I have Leeds favourite vs Chelsea. Non prem description sounds great but they're no minnow team

Playing good football, been good run and Farke is no numptey

• Like 1

He definitely seems to ebb and flow with his form... Seems to be able to play peak form for quite a while but then his lulls can throw in some poor performances.

Curse of the new born. Looked half asleep out there. Hopefully gets a rocket up him from Unai and is fully focused looking to make amends Sunday. He wasnt the only one. Frustrating how so many players have total off days at the same time. Gives us no chance.

12 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Defensively top notch..

His ball distribution is poor..

His ball retention in this league is average at best..

If a good offer comes in this summer.. we should sell

Utterly ludicrous. To the point where I would question your sanity. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Man couldn't do anything right yesterday. When he drops into that full back role when cash goes forward, if the opposition doesn't give him space and he's not on it, mistakes will come. The structure of the team was all over the place last night and the absence of the engine room was a big part of it. 

Another knock on effect of losing Konsa.

We have our 4 best defenders out injured (if we take Digne's form this year).  It's not really a surprise we're struggling defensively.

And given how we build very much from the back,  it's a miracle we're doing as well as we are.

Hopefully Pau returning means Kamara ( and Luiz ) get the ball quicker and we don't miss Konsa as much, but it's still going to be a struggle for a few more weeks I expect. 

• Like 1

He’s a fabulous player and has been brilliant in the main but… he is prone to these occasional lapses and a more casual approach… but at least that is something that can be worked on and ironed out of younger players. Sometimes, he’s just a bit too casual and relaxed when we really need our players to show determination focus, energy and desire in pretty much every game - easier said than done though.

It seems we have more of an attitude problem rather than an ability one… maybe a bit of arrogance and complacency or “buying into our hype” has settled in… we haven’t actually done anything to warrant that though… and we’re not good enough to win games with that kind of mentality…

He’s not the only “culprit”… Dougie has had quiet games too but doesn’t tend to make the kind of costly errors these days that Bouba can at times… but it’s the exception rather than the norm. Both have them have been brilliant for us and we can’t turn on them after the occasional hiccup or mistake… they are so talented but need to keep that focus and “bring it” more consistently… it’s up to Unai to fire them up and keep them concentrated…

But when the majority of the team is struggling or off its game, then individuals struggle to excel… hard to be cohesive when we keep getting injuries aswell but… struggling and learning is part of the process too… we are not the finished article…not yet anyway. We will be better from learning from these mistakes too… 

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Utterly ludicrous. To the point where I would question your sanity. 

He is on the list of players that we can’t afford to lose and would struggle like crazy to replace… (it would hurt and set us back massively).

We’d been crying out for a proper DM for yonks and finally managed to get a young & exceptional one. We’ve seen him perform brilliantly for the most part…

Some people just cannot tolerate the occasional poor game/performance or forgive mistakes… that’s a real shame… players need to learn and improve too… can’t always be amazing… more understanding and patience is required…but that’s a rare commodity these days…

• Like 1

Essential, irreplaceable players:

We’d suffer and decline from losing these and struggle to replace them (v expensive and hard to attract if we could too):

Martinez

Pau

Konsa

Bouba

Luiz

Watkins

McGinn is debatable too because we don’t have another player who brings the fight, energy, tenacity, determination and drive that he does… plus, he’s our captain and stepped up to the plate…

4 starts in 14 days. Playing in a two man midfield while covering for Matty Cash in a team ravaged by injuries alongside other players who've been run into the ground. No shit he misplaced a few passes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Essential, irreplaceable players:

We’d suffer and decline from losing these and struggle to replace them (v expensive and hard to attract if we could too):

Martinez

Pau

Konsa

Bouba

Luiz

Watkins

McGinn is debatable too because we don’t have another player who brings the fight, energy, tenacity, determination and drive that he does… plus, he’s our captain and stepped up to the plate…

I love McGinn for many reasons but he is in no way essential or irreplaceable. He'd be the first one, after Cash, that I'd look to be replacing in the summer if I was Emery.

Agree with the rest of your list fully

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I love McGinn for many reasons but he is in no way essential or irreplaceable. He'd be the first one, after Cash, that I'd look to be replacing in the summer if I was Emery.

Agree with the rest of your list fully

As I said, it’s debatable or arguable… the thing is… he has and brings what many of the other players lack on occasion… energy, desire, tenacity… he makes us a better team overall and his attitude spreads throughout the team… probably why he’s our captain…

we lose a lot when he’s not there or not near/at his best…

maybe more of the “intangibles” too… he sets the standard in terms of spirit and determination… would help us if others could pick up more of that slack… the key ingredients beyond talent alone…

one of the few that regularly gets “stuck in” rather than stroll around or be arrogant/complacent… sets the pace… 

He relies on energy/stamina though… that’s the key for him… got to keep him relatively fresh and it’s one of the reasons (other than that Bouba is our only quality defensive midfielder) why I would like more midfield depth…

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

4 starts in 14 days. Playing in a two man midfield while covering for Matty Cash in a team ravaged by injuries alongside other players who've been run into the ground. No shit he misplaced a few passes.

This. Fair play. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's an excellent player but he was laughably bad last night

This, my biggest disappointment of the whole evening is that he (and many others) clearly went missing after giving the ball away a few times in a row. They clearly didn’t want it and that lack of effort to demand the ball and want to get on it just narrows the space for everyone else. As I say he wasn’t alone in that but it was the first real sign of our mental fragility. 

We’ve not been good for different reasons for a while but I felt like last night was the first time we didn’t believe we were the better team. Lots for Unai to work on. 

• Like 1

Â