Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Whow, thanks to all for your answers! Like 10 pages of answers, English passion for football is not overestimated.

Glad for you - and for him too - he’s doing so good. But don’t get too much in love: if a PL top-5 comes with more money, say goodbye to Bouba. He was already a star in Marseilles, born in the city and OM was his first club. He would have been even more popular if he had stayed, probably become captain (with Payet getting old). OM ended 2nd, directly qualified in CL. What we couldn’t offer him was money, not as much as any PL club. Well, he left without showing much hesitation. Gerrard seems to have played a great role in his choice for Villa.

When reading you I see that Kamara is a bit underrated in the UK. That may be your opportunity to keep him. He was underrated in France too (except in Marseilles of course) and still is. Absolutely nobody talks about Kamara when talking about players who should be called to play for France.

(See the World Cup : I don’t think he was injured, was he? Yet Deschamps took Veretout as his last choice, from what I’m reading here about  Bouba this was nonsense.)

Just hoping now that you don’t get Guendouzi too soon. I guess you’d like him too…

Welcome to the forum.

Our owners (NSWE) have the objective to make us a regular top 5 club, so I think Boubacar Kamara can grow with us and he will be more than rewarded for his efforts. Obviously you would have preferred him to stay at OM, but I suppose you are happier with his decision to join Villa rather than a rival French club like PSG etc. I know your pain though, we have lost a lot of our stars to Manchester City and their oil billions, Jack Grealish being the latest ( supposed Villa supporter too 😥) -  at least we got 100 million for that though 🙏.

Out of 5 highly rated defensive midfielders who were available in summer,  Bouba, Bissouma, Pape Sarr, Zakaria , Phillips  he’s the only one that chose a team that would give him regular minutes the only one of the 5 who hasn’t regressed.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Whow, thanks to all for your answers! Like 10 pages of answers, English passion for football is not overestimated.

Glad for you - and for him too - he’s doing so good. But don’t get too much in love: if a PL top-5 comes with more money, say goodbye to Bouba. He was already a star in Marseilles, born in the city and OM was his first club. He would have been even more popular if he had stayed, probably become captain (with Payet getting old). OM ended 2nd, directly qualified in CL. What we couldn’t offer him was money, not as much as any PL club. Well, he left without showing much hesitation. Gerrard seems to have played a great role in his choice for Villa.

When reading you I see that Kamara is a bit underrated in the UK. That may be your opportunity to keep him. He was underrated in France too (except in Marseilles of course) and still is. Absolutely nobody talks about Kamara when talking about players who should be called to play for France.

(See the World Cup : I don’t think he was injured, was he? Yet Deschamps took Veretout as his last choice, from what I’m reading here about  Bouba this was nonsense.)

Just hoping now that you don’t get Guendouzi too soon. I guess you’d like him too…

yes, he was injured unfortunately for him (but maybe fortunately for us)

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's so good. 

Surprised the media haven't started talking about him more. 

it's one of those positions that take a while for the media to start talking about them. it's the same with lavia from southampton who plays in the same position...most southampton fans will tell you their downfall started as soon as he got injured so once this became obvious the chelsea rumours started. they'll talk about kamara at some point too i'm sure

neville was already selling that leeds fella to city last night because he's an attacker

• Like 1

Boubs has only picked up 3 yellow cards. That’s quite incredible considering the role he plays in our team. It just goes to show how smart he is. He anticipates everything. I honestly wouldn’t sell him for £100m because we’ll never be able to replace him. Lovely, lovely football player.

Technically outstanding last night yet again. He just doesn't put a foot wrong in that midfield, every interception and tackle is timed to perfection, every touch and turn is thought through, and every pass is perfectly weighted.

When Kamara is on the ball you just don't worry, he doesn't lose it and it's as though it's stuck to his foot with glue.

He's one of the most naturally gifted midfielders I've seen play for the club, and after years struggling to fill the defensive midfield role he's come in at the perfect time for us. How we managed to get him on a free transfer I'll never know. The wages are likely high, but if anyone deserves them it's this guy.

We now desperately need to fill the remainder of the squad with players on his level to keep pushing the club forward, and to ensure that we don't lose another world class player.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

Â