Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From what I've been seeing/reading.

It appears there is a misconception that he is solely some kind of defensive battering ram 

It appears he is actually more of an intelligent, complete midfielder, who can defend well, and has a brilliant range of passing as well!

One who can seemlessly play and transition through the full centre of the pitch! ( 6/8 )

Are you saying the 'is he a 6 or an 8' debates are gonna continue!?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Been told on here that neither is really important. All about a can do attitude and proper men apparently :D 

In this instance the tactic would be to pull wor socks up. The strategy would be to build up a big stock of socks over the summer. 

• Haha 1

The lads been getting pelters on Twitter for coming to us. Athletico journos are reporting that when their club rep went to his home he had his friends round and was barefoot so they didn’t like his attitude (!) and Newcastle fans saying we offered him 60k more than them which is why he turned down their vastly superior project. The Marseille fans just losing their minds over it generally. 

Poor kid’s already had to tweet this 

Translate says When the lie takes the elevator, the truth takes the stairs. Even if it takes longer, the truth always ends up coming!

I think we’ve upset a few people!

I can well imagine we offered the most money, when you finish 14th, you’ve got to do something like that but that’s just pure sour grapes from Madrid. 

Edited by WallisFrizz
Typo.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The lads been getting pelters on Twitter for coming to us. Athletico journos are reporting that when they went to his home he had his friends round and was barefoot so they didn’t like his attitude (!) and Newcastle fans saying we offered him 60k more than them which is why he turned down their vastly superior project. The Marseille fans just losing their minds over it generally. 

Poor kid’s already had to tweet this 

Translate says When the lie takes the elevator, the truth takes the stairs. Even if it takes longer, the truth always ends up coming!

I think we’ve upset a few people!

I can well imagine we offered the most money, when you finish 14th, you’ve got to do something like that but that’s just pure sour grapes from Madrid. 

It looks like similar reactions to when Bruno G signed for Newcastle in January. French media and competing clubs were shocked then as well and accused him of not taking his career seriously,

• Like 1

I’m trying really really hard, but no matter what I do I just can’t seem to give a shit about what other fans think of us signing Kamara.

If anything, it’s a sign of just how highly rated he is otherwise fans of other clubs wouldn’t be jealously crying about it.

Next time, we’ll just put our ambitions on the back burner until all of the “big” European clubs, and Newcastle, have had time to complete all of their summer business and we’ll just sign whoever is left.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m trying really really hard, but no matter what I do I just can’t seem to give a shit about what other fans think of us signing Kamara.

If anything, it’s a sign of just how highly rated he is otherwise fans of other clubs wouldn’t be jealously crying about it.

Next time, we’ll just put our ambitions on the back burner until all of the “big” European clubs, and Newcastle, have had time to complete all of their summer business and we’ll just sign whoever is left.

Yep, their tears just make me harder

I've never seen the guy play but he seems highly rated so, fingers crossed, we've got a very good young player in exactly the position we need to fill the most.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOM15 said:

Hello everyone! Just felt like posting given everything I’ve read about Kamara.😅 Honestly, it seems that overall you’ve got a solid signing. I’d imagine that it will make things easier for him to get used to the PL seeing as both Sanson and Digne are there.

Welcome to VillaTalk! 🤝

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From what I've been seeing/reading.

It appears there is a misconception that he is solely some kind of defensive battering ram 

It appears he is actually more of an intelligent, complete midfielder, who can defend well, and has a brilliant range of passing as well!

One who can seemlessly play and transition through the full centre of the pitch! ( 6/8 )

10 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is definitely not a battering ram. He is the base from where you start progressing the ball and the first line of defence when opponents break our lines.  Recieves the ball under pressure really well and then progresses it with simple passes whether long or short. 

And when breaking up play he will track the runners and force them into a non threatening position rather than rashly flying in. 6 yellow cards all season suggests he is intelligent in his tackling. 

Admittedly i have learned alot of this today but from watching his reels and looking at stats he is very very good at this at a very young age. 

Exactly what we need imo to gain more possession and keep possession. 

Yeah, i have been trying to read up on him a bit.

Apparently he was a central defender who has moved to DM (so could easily drop to form part of a back 3 if the game needed it), but as MWarley said, he is a 6, but a modern 6 in the sense he is a highly competent passer and acts as pivot, Marseille basically played a lot of their build up through him, he is it seems, the modern no.6 who drops and splits the defenders if needed, then is the pivot for the build up and ball retention when deep etc.

I hope he manages to adapt quickly!

It looks on paper, that he is exactly the type of DM that Gerrard would want.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Balance at last.

His balance stat is only 67 though according to that FIFA graphic. :P

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, i have been trying to read up on him a bit.

Apparently he was a central defender who has moved to DM (so could easily drop to form part of a back 3 if the game needed it), but as MWarley said, he is a 6, but a modern 6 in the sense he is a highly competent passer and acts as pivot, Marseille basically played a lot of their build up through him, he is it seems, the modern no.6 who drops and splits the defenders if needed, then is the pivot for the build up and ball retention when deep etc.

I hope he manages to adapt quickly!

It looks on paper, that he is exactly the type of DM that Gerrard would want.

Yeah he's exactly this. Has a defensive brain when we are in possession positioning himself to stop any danger if we lose possession. While in possession he's press resistant and an incredible passer of the ball. I can see him dropping in between the CBs to take responsibility for playing from the back if we fail to get the elite CB passer we need.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He seems to be a excellent passer but can anyone confirm he is actually a good ball winner? As thats excatly what we are lacking in the centre

Confirmed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrOM15 said:

Hello everyone! Just felt like posting given everything I’ve read about Kamara.😅 Honestly, it seems that overall you’ve got a solid signing. I’d imagine that it will make things easier for him to get used to the PL seeing as both Sanson and Digne are there.

Welcome to VT. Finally, someone that can confirm the much repeated assertion on here as to whether or not Villa signing Sanson caused Villas-Boas to resign and Marseille fans to riot and set fire to the training ground. Is this true?

At the time of the sanson signing one of the villa podcasts got on a guy who was something like chairman of the UK marseille fan club or something, spoke really well and was fair, anyone heard anything of the likes with this signing? 

Â