Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We were used to smoke out bigger fish....

I thought this was too good to be true initially...

Champions League player, three Serie A titles seemed an unlikely signing...

Meh. Douglas Luiz currently a better player so happy with him staying than him going to Spurs.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

I believe that "journalist" as much as any "expert in the transfer market" what type of clown puts that in their twitter bio!

Bentancour will stay at juve.

Stan collymore is my favourite "JOURNALISTE!"

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

If he goes to Spurs he can go **** himself! 

Solid demonstration of our place in the food chain right now. We’re a bottom half   Prem team until we do otherwise. Sometimes Liverpool take Spurs targets, and they take ours. For now.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Awol said:

Solid demonstration of our place in the food chain right now. We’re a bottom half   Prem team until we do otherwise. Sometimes Liverpool take Spurs targets, and they take ours. For now.

Do me a sneaky favour and Google "Spurs Coutinho". Then come back and say we've been solidly demonstrated upon that we're a bottom half team and Spurs are our masters.

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Do me a sneaky favour and Google "Spurs Coutinho". Then come back and say we've been solidly demonstrated upon that we're a bottom half team and Spurs are our masters.

We haven’t finished in the top half of the league for a decade, that’s a simple fact. If we ignore relegation that means we’re a bottom half Premier League team, doesn’t it? 

The Gerrard connection meant Coutinho would’ve turned down anyone to sign for him, it was based entirely on their personal relationship.

Bentancur was a different case and seems to have chosen Spurs over us - I don’t buy this ‘we didn’t want him anyway’ stuff being put about. Maybe Purslow messed around trying to be clever on price and lost the deal that way, we’ll never know. Fact is by Monday he’ll have signed for Spurts, not us. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

We haven’t finished in the top half of the league for a decade, that’s a simple fact. If we ignore relegation that means we’re a bottom half Premier League team, doesn’t it? 

The Gerrard connection meant Coutinho would’ve turned down anyone to sign for him, it was based entirely on their personal relationship.

Bentancur was a different case and seems to have chosen Spurs over us - I don’t buy this ‘we didn’t want him anyway’ stuff being put about. Maybe Purslow messed around trying to be clever on price and lost the deal that way, we’ll never know. Fact is by Monday he’ll have signed for Spurts, not us. 

Fact is by Monday he may have signed for Spurs and we'll never actually know if we were interested. However, you keep slighting your own club if it gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Fact is by Monday he may have signed for Spurs and we'll never actually know if we were interested. However, you keep slighting your own club if it gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling. 

Steady on precious, you think recognising reality is slighting your own club? We operate in a market with bigger, more attractive opponents, one of which is Spurs. For now. Once Percy is reporting that Villa had bid for Bentancur I think most fans (including me) took that as gospel. We’re making good progress and I’ve no doubt we will overhaul Spurs over the next 12-24 months, but we’re not there yet. Take it on the chin and move on. 

Phil McNulty suggested we never went past an initial enquiry two weeks ago?

Maybe Juve squeezes some journos and grants them some exclusives etc if the do their bidding by cooking up a BS storm to inflate the market? Maybe we were never in the hunt? We generally know our place and get deals done, no messing, this was a messy one all over the media, no our OM at all.

Â