Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Just because the media aren't linking us to a new goalkeeper doesn't mean to say we won't sign one, they don't everything about our targets.

We're in a predicament as it will actually be hard to get a decent No.2, I don't think we would want to sign a young goalkeeper as we already have an whole bunch of those, nine in our academy have international recognition in one way or another, either capped or called up to squads.

So would likely have to be another old timer happy to sit on the bench until one of Sinisalo, Marschall, Zych, or Wright are ready to be No.2, of course it may turn out that none of our academy goalkeepers end up being good enough, but club is hoping we can save money on goalkeeper signings by producing our own, most promising might be Proctor, but only sixteen so a long way to go for him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Spurs had one shot on target.  It was cleared by Ashley Young.

Yeah he wasn't tested but I think the defence still looked solid in general. In that particular move he also did well to stay big in a 1v1 and force the attacker wide.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Just because the media aren't linking us to a new goalkeeper doesn't mean to say we won't sign one, they don't everything about our targets.

We're in a predicament as it will actually be hard to get a decent No.2, I don't think we would want to sign a young goalkeeper as we already have an whole bunch of those, nine in our academy have international recognition in one way or another, either capped or called up to squads.

So would likely have to be another old timer happy to sit on the bench until one of Sinisalo, Marschall, Zych, or Wright are ready to be No.2, of course it may turn out that none of our academy goalkeepers end up being good enough, but club is hoping we can save money on goalkeeper signings by producing our own, most promising might be Proctor, but only sixteen so a long way to go for him.

I disagree.  If we were in the market for a new number 2 keeper, it would mean 2 things.

1. We are looking for a keeper
  2. Olsen is looking for a new club

Either one or both of those two pieces of information would have gotten out to the media, none have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

I disagree.  If we were in the market for a new number 2 keeper, it would mean 2 things.

1. We are looking for a keeper
  2. Olsen is looking for a new club

Either one or both of those two pieces of information would have gotten out to the media, none have.

I'll be amazed if we start games with Olsen next season.

Olsen is apparently really good on the training ground, according to our pre-Unai GK coach - apparently keeps Emi on an even keel and understands his role well.  BUT none of that, in my mind, says he should be our number two.  The same qualities were attributed to the likes of Micah Richards.

Olsen is like the Titus Bramble of goalkeepers.  Looks the part, clearly very athletic and agile, even occasionally produces some great moments, but 40,000 (+10) people collectively 💩 themselves whenever the ball/an attacker is within 30 yards of our goal.  He fills me with us much fear as Nyland did.  

I really hope he can prove us wrong, just as much as I really hope we sign a new goalkeeper before the season kicks off. I'll take either.

• Like 2

Â