Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy

Olsen...regardless of his more traditional keeping abilities (or lack thereof), the effect of draining confidence out of the defence is massive, but even more importantly his ball playing skills are non-existent yet this is fundamental to the way we play now. Without the goalkeeper's distribution it's almost back to SlippyGBall.

I'm not defending Olsen or saying he's not a catastrophe (I think he is). All I'm saying is that he's not our worst keeper ever, because that's just bollox of the highest order and reactionary poopery imo.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I'm not defending Olsen or saying he's not a catastrophe (I think he is). All I'm saying is that he's not our worst keeper ever, because that's just bollox of the highest order and reactionary poopery imo.

I think only Nyland and Enckelman rival him really.  (oh god, it's a Scandy trifecta! 😉)

Thinking back to our other number twos, I think the likes of Oakes, Taylor, Bunn, Steer and Postma were all better than Olsen, or what I've seen of him anyway.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I didn't say he is!

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Olsen's a career backup keeper that couldn't even hack the Greek league. We have to sign a much better replacement in the summer. 

I'm sure Olsen becomes 3rd Keeper and Steer is released. We look to sign a new back up Keeper who's hopefully in his 20s 

8 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Ryan would be a great backup and would fit into our style of play. He constantly moves club as soon as he is out of favour though. Can't see him wanting to be a number 2.

Can't we just sign Dubravka?

If Newcastle were happy to loan him out to Man. United start of the season then they're clearly open to offers and he fits the bill of someone who was a regular for 3-4 years in prem and would have no issue with him playing the early cup games.

That's an easier sell now to any number two if we make europe.

Sinisalo has been kept around the place and been on the bench for a number of games now. I have been wondering if the coaching staff have decided that Olsen is not worth having around the dressing room and are ready to move him on in the summer and let Sinisalo become the number 2. 

I've not been a big fan of Olsen but he's had a good career overall getting into the national side and playing for big clubs so he must be well-regarded and a good egg in the dressing room, or he's got a really good agent. Or maybe there's just some recruitment teams out there that believe he can do a job for them. 

Whatever it is, I'd get him gone this summer, along with Steer, and stick with Sinisalo. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Playing a blinder for Sweden Vs Austria now, might be able to offload him to the Saudi at this rate

Yeah, he's even hitting the pitch most times when he tries to play out from the back.

Fully expect Austria to score 4 in the 2nd half

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

No kidding just made another superb save. May be he is good afterall, the diff here is Sweden is not exactly playing the modern way of passing around at the back. He can hoof a ball.

He’s not. I don’t want him playing another minute for us 

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

whats he gone and done!?

Saved a long range but palmed it by to the middle rather than the other side for a corner.

Just conceded another a bit similar, kind of a good reaction save to begin with perhaps could have palmed sideways but straight back to the middle for Austria to poke home. 

Although prob had enough saves in the game to come away with some credits still.

His defence left him for dead more than once, lindelof is shit still

• Like 2

Â