Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Tired of the idea that players who are clearly not good enough need time to find a minimum level of form, especially Olsen. I hope we don’t see him for a single minute in any competitive fixture this season. 

If your backup keeper needs a few games to get up to speed then he's a shit backup. You make that case for outfield players but not goalkeepers. In that position he should be ready immediately. The idea that a goalkeeper needs minutes is just complete bollocks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we manage to sell him, we should effect a monchi statute outside of that club’s stadium

monchi bought olsen for roma, before selling him to us.

The irony.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Callum said:

Honestly lads, I don't think he was half as bad as some of you are making out. I've just watched the second half and the goal was not his fault. Even Tim Howard commentating says he did everything right and was never gonna hold a shot of that power. 

Distribution - Far better than his usual missiles into the crowd. Was comfortable playing from the back. 

Clearly needs game time, like a few of the others. There's a decent keeper in there... Somewhere. 

He's 33 years old, Callum. That ship has long sailed. 

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

His big issue seems to be his confidence, I thought he looked ok for the first 10 minutes or so of the second half, but unfortunately you are just waiting for that mistake to happen and it always comes. Surely he has to be replaced before the window shuts?

It's more confidence to the backline I'd say.

They're nervous when crosses come in or doing simple things like a backpass that they'd never have a second thought when Emi is there.

Going years back it was exactly the same with Nyland.

Last thing we want to do after all the hard work in last six months in making the defence calmer in possession of the ball and decision making is getting them flustered because they have little confidence in the 2nd keeper being good enough.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

If your backup keeper needs a few games to get up to speed then he's a shit backup. You make that case for outfield players but not goalkeepers. In that position he should be ready immediately. The idea that a goalkeeper needs minutes is just complete bollocks.

Agreed. A backup keeper has to be able to hit the ground running. That is the very nature of his job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's more confidence to the backline I'd say.

They're nervous when crosses come in or doing simple things like a backpass that they'd never have a second thought when Emi is there.

Going years back it was exactly the same with Nyland.

Last thing we want to do after all the hard work in last six months in making the defence calmer in possession of the ball and decision making is getting them flustered because they have little confidence in the 2nd keeper being good enough.

Our defence goes to shit when he is behind them, and the entire structure of the team is effected. The drop off from Martinez is too great.

• Like 1

I've tried to defend him and have hope he would improve after being more settled and coached by Unais team, but my god he is a liability.

He's an International keeper who has experience, why in gods name does he fall to pieces whenever he comes on?

He'll be horrific for the opening 5 - 10, settled for about 20 - 30 mins but always has a sporadic clanger in him.

Totally ruins transition and distribution as well.

In the Premier League that's alot of points cost.

Bizarre.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't Dubravka concede 3 so Olsen conceded the least including Emi?

our 3rd was exactly the same as what Olsen did for their third. Dubrakva was not that good last night either!

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Worse than Nyland?

At least Orjan had that Leicester cup game where he made save after save…

Both similar in that they’re bags of nerves and so error prone…

Yeah, equally bad, I'd say. 

I’ll feel significantly more confident about the season if we replace Olsen… I’m scared we won’t.

This man is going to cost us if he’s given significant game time…

We shouldn’t be putting up with any liabilities anymore…

• Like 1

Â