Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

20 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Wakeup none of the goals was his fault we had back 4 couldn't even defend.

It’s easier to pile on the scapegoat.

• Like 2

Didn't do anything wrong, made the save for the 3rd but no-one followed the ball and it became an easy chance for them. Not sure who responsibility it is but surely the midfield should be tracking back when Liverpool are breaking through.

It's not an isolated occurrence, more than once we lose the ball and stand there waiting for someone else to close the opposition down, or for the ref to blow the whistle when he was never going to.

• Like 2

There is more to being a goalkeeper than not chucking one in your net.

I'm not naive enough to think we will have a quality no. 2 , with no Europe and no reap stature currently but to say that performance was acceptable, you're just lying to yourselves.

His kicking was really poor. Found touch a number of times, found nobody a lot of times, found VVD a lot of times and found Robertson and Trent not enough.

Also there was one he played short where he absolutely drilled it to Digne who done brilliant. He scared the life out of the defence today and you could see it.

Like I said before, poor finishing saved him because there were at least 3 shots he should have closed an angle down and just stood on his line.

The Young header back to him. He couldn't move 2 yards to the side.

The Nunez shot I mentioned. He couldn't move two yards to the side.

Spurs have got Forster and had Hart who are both stiff and bad. I'm not naive enough to think a No. 2 will come in and be the dogs bollocks. We're not Liverpool, who even then had Adrian

But don't say, because he didn't chuck one in, that performance was acceptable. It was embarrassing from an international goalkeeper.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

There was also one moment where out midfield, who were poor by the way, were pinballing the ball to Liverpool several times in one passage of play, clearly rattled. We got it back and played to Olsen , and under no pressure he sliced it first time to the stands or nobody. I couldn't grasp how a goalkeeper who had nothing to do with that poor piece of play was rattled as if he was playing  centre midfield.

I'm not even that mad. It was laughable.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

There is more to being a goalkeeper than not chucking one in your net.

I'm not naive enough to think we will have a quality no. 2 , with no Europe and no reap stature currently but to say that performance was acceptable, you're just lying to yourselves.

His kicking was really poor. Found touch a number of times, found nobody a lot of times, found VVD a lot of times and found Robertson and Trent not enough.

Also there was one he played short where he absolutely drilled it to Digne who done brilliant. He scared the life out of the defence today and you could see it.

Like I said before, poor finishing saved him because there were at least 3 shots he should have closed an angle down and just stood on his line.

The Young header back to him. He couldn't move 2 yards to the side.

The Nunez shot I mentioned. He couldn't move two yards to the side.

Spurs have got Forster and had Hart who are both stiff and bad. I'm not naive enough to think a No. 2 will come in and be the dogs bollocks. We're not Liverpool, who even then had Adrian

But don't say, because he didn't chuck one in, that performance was acceptable. It was embarrassing from an international goalkeeper.

Nobody’s saying it’s “acceptable”, we’re just saying piling into this thread to go apeshit about Olsen as if he cost us the game is a bit mad. Backup keepers are usually pretty shit. He’s less shit than a fair few we’ve had in the past.

• Like 3

Probably not at fault for the goals, but he just does not inspire any confidence. 

He also dives in slow motion. The guy goes down in installments.

There was a shot from distance that he needed up parrying and keeping in that really wasn't much of a worry at all but put us in danger afterwards. 

Not the worst keeper we’ve ever had but considering we’ve only just bought him you’d have hoped our scouts could have come up with someone better. For an experienced keeper he lacks composure and that sucks out the confidence of those around him. He doesn’t seem to have good athleticism either and has very poor distribution. To be fair playing 1 game every 2 months must be bloody difficult to have any match sharpness at all, but I feel like we could have plucked an obscure keeper or a golden oldie from somewhere for half the price and wages who’d have more to offer.

Was off his line in the beginning of the game but started shirking when the pressure was on. Annoying that he doesn’t even come off his line a lot to close down his angle. 

Awful parry back into the danger area for the third. It is what it is. Need a better back up. 

I thought he bottled the 3rd goal in all honesty. 2nd I couldn't really see as it was up the other end from me but he seems very slow to get down sometimes. A couple of decent stops but only ones any Prem keeper should make in reality. Distribution was erratic I felt and I was literally petrified every time the ball got played back to him. He is back up of course but such a shame Martinez was away as I genuinely feel we may have gotten something today with him here. The biggest issue today though was the forwards spurning golden chance after golden chance, you simply cannot do that against this level of opposition.

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Nobody’s saying it’s “acceptable”, we’re just saying piling into this thread to go apeshit about Olsen as if he cost us the game is a bit mad. Backup keepers are usually pretty shit. He’s less shit than a fair few we’ve had in the past.

I think it’s pretty simple. We just need to become PSG and have our own Navas and Donnarumma. That way we never have issue when swapping out GKs…

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think Martinez would have conceded all 3 of those goals. We kept getting done by their quick players finding mismatches.

The 3rd goal I think Emi makes it more difficult but the first 2 he could do nothing about

Â