Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Got a weird vibe from this...he's not exactly endearing himself much.

So we are getting him because he fell out with Rafa and not because he WANTS to be here, ok great. 

How are we supposed to understand this, be thankful?

Why can’t the 2 co-exist?

Wanted to leave Everton because of Rafa and now wants to join us?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Why can’t the 2 co-exist?

Wanted to leave Everton because of Rafa and now wants to join us?

Exactly. He seems to have been shunned by Rafa and probably didn’t want to leave - but he’s had to. Now he moves into a new chapter and I’m sure he’ll post a long nice story about it in his shiny new kit

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Exactly. He seems to have been shunned by Rafa and probably didn’t want to leave - but he’s had to. Now he moves into a new chapter and I’m sure he’ll post a long nice story about it in his shiny new kit

He hasn’t been shunned, he said he wanted to leave and has been dropped since, rightly so too.

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Got a weird vibe from this...he's not exactly endearing himself much.

So we are getting him because he fell out with Rafa and not because he WANTS to be here, ok great. 

How are we supposed to understand this, be thankful?

As with most things, we can take it as we want mate.

By all reports he is well liked by players, staff and fans.

I took from his message that he wanted to he there, until it became untenable.

To me, that doesn't say " he doesn't want to be here ". It's just him trying to show that he is not a mercenary simply jumping ship for more money etc. Was willing to honour his contract.

What makes you think he would show the same commitment here? I'm sure there were other clubs after him as well.

I feel we often try to hard to dig the negatives out of everything. Lol

He can both be gutted at how it turned out at Everton AND excited to be coming here.

It wouldn't surprise me if something similar happened with the likes of Guibert and Engels happened here too, as well as previous " Bomb Squad " members.

Either way, if it didn't happen, we probably wouldn't be getting him.

It's like saying Coutinho is only coming here because he wasn't wanted at Barca. True, but why should that bother us?!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Got to say, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about signing a diva so quick to sling mud at his old manager. I hope he does it on the pitch but that's exactly the kind of personality I thought we'd decided to keep away.

Edited by Davkaus

7 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Their loss is our gain. Whether he wanted to leave, or was forced to leave, he's going to give 100% to the Villa cause. 

Also he's not going to hype up Villa in a message to Everton fans. He seems like a professional that carries himself with class. There is plenty of time in his welcome interview for him to do the standard, "huge club, historic club" PR routine that all fans buy into.

He could just go the Jack route with the generic exit message.

Or talk about how shite Iwobi is on International duty. Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He hasn’t been shunned, he said he wanted to leave and has been dropped since, rightly so too.

Said he wanted to leave to who? He literally just posted on Instagram that he didn’t want to leave 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

"When your Captain wants to leave, it's a problem no?" - Rafa Benitez (Liverpool), May 2008 when he was trying to unsettle Gareth Barry and move him to Anfield.

It's taken almost 14 years to get here but....

Up yours you fat b*st*rd!

(I do bear grudges for quite a long time, yes.)

You have been saving this up for sometime havent you? I respect that :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Told Benitez directly, its been in the news, it’s no secret.

Ah I see, so it’s just newspaper crap. What I can see Digne has directly said is that he didn’t want to leave and he signed a new deal there last season hoping to stay for a long time. 

The fans like him, his teammates seem to like him too judging by the Instagram replies. Surely it makes more sense to go off this, rather than some crap made up by some journos? 

I like that he's a passionate guy and just wants to explain why he's leaving. So many soulless goons in this game that would just leave and not care.

He's coming here because he wants to.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Ah I see, so it’s just newspaper crap. What I can see Digne has directly said is that he didn’t want to leave and he signed a new deal there last season hoping to stay for a long time. 

The fans like him, his teammates seem to like him too judging by the Instagram replies. Surely it makes more sense to go off this, rather than some crap made up by some journos? 

Not sure what you’re not getting here….it wasn’t just paper talk as per the bloody transfer happening!! 

Â