Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Pablo_2531 said:

Ha ha I’m a liverpool season ticket holder ha ..from liverpool. Although I like speaking to different fans.

An to be honest with you I always find when you just speak to your own hard to be balanced.

With gerrard coming in I been watching with interest - not because I want him at liverpool..quite happy with klopp! - but as arguably the best player I ever saw play for us it automatically creates that interest. 

don’t get me wrong it doesn’t mean to say he will be a great manager but the early signs look good to me.

you were very unlucky tonight but when I compare you to us - which is natural - apart from being more clinical the full backs is the obvious difference. Digne bridges that gap 

Thanks and yeah I agree - where Gerrard has improved us elsewhere it’s highlighted the full backs needing to be top level to play his system and we’re short of that at the moment.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Thanks and yeah I agree - where Gerrard has improved us elsewhere it’s highlighted the full backs needing to be top level to play his system and we’re short of that at the moment.

They often the outlet aren’t they an need that quality. Similar to ours I suspect digne will at times get caught out of position but that is a calculated risk that most of the top clubs are willing to take now. An it will be why I suspect that the next move gerrard makes will be a holding mid who can get about the pitch an cover them when they do. (If not a right back)

This is one of those where I will happy enough to sign him as I'm sure he will improve us and suit Big Steven's system better than Targett, but if Newcastle signed him instead I wouldn't be so terribly sad.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Could take place? That doesn’t fill me with a ton of joy and certainty 

It's Sky Sports speculating again. Very confident given that Gerrard didn't outright deny any transfer activity when asked about Digne earlier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's Sky Sports speculating again. Very confident given that Gerrard didn't outright deny any transfer activity when asked about Digne earlier.

I hope so. Could use a breath of fresh air with how Targett has been playing. Even though I like Targett but it would be nice to have a FB who can create on his own instead of relying on a better player (Grealish) to essentially help him out.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Gerrard also commented on his side’s interest in Everton full-back Lucas Digne, indicating that the wheels are in motion, without naming names

"We are working hard on targets. It is not respectful to mention any names but there is no smoke without fire and we want to try and improve certain areas of our team and our squad.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Khizzy said:

If we had played United with Digne and Coutinho in our side tonight then I think we could have won pretty comfortably. That's the difference for me. Fingers crossed they will both be in by Saturday. 

Whilst they certainly would strengthen us, I still don't think it's enough or even the priority. We have a very soft core and with a midfield three of Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz we are going to struggle against a lot of teams as we lose the middle of the park both offensively and defensively.

Coutinho Watkins Buendia strengthens our attack. Cash Konsa Mings Digne marginally strengthens our defence (possibly more strengthens attack). But no changes to our midfield mean there is no engine in our flashy sports car. You'd think Gerrard of all people would identify this quickly and have a solution. Let's hope Purslow and Co are on it.

46 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Whilst they certainly would strengthen us, I still don't think it's enough or even the priority. We have a very soft core and with a midfield three of Ramsey, McGinn and Luiz we are going to struggle against a lot of teams as we lose the middle of the park both offensively and defensively.

Coutinho Watkins Buendia strengthens our attack. Cash Konsa Mings Digne marginally strengthens our defence (possibly more strengthens attack). But no changes to our midfield mean there is no engine in our flashy sports car. You'd think Gerrard of all people would identify this quickly and have a solution. Let's hope Purslow and Co are on it.

Nakamba was a huge loss. He was really standing out as the 6.

He looked so much better than he ever had done for Smith because of how Gerrard and his coaches set the rest of the team up in front of him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

No disrespect to Targett, because I actually rate him but this deal needs to happen ASAP. 

8 hours ago, AV82 said:

Surely no-one is bemoaning this transfer after tonight’s game…

It was very courteous of Targett to play like that to get everyone excited for Digne.

Â