Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He got one more vote in the Man of the Match poll than Olsen. He was out of his depth taking terrible shots from everywhere

Olsen was decent too 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A  four year deal based on about 6 months of decent work. I mean what were we thinking?

spacer.png

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A  four year deal based on about 6 months of decent work. I mean what were we thinking?

A lot of fans were also intoxicated by those first 6 months (I would argue 3 months).  

To get Coutinho to lower the wages he was earning at Barcelona we had to give him a longer term.  

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Tbh 6 months work is a long time for a Scouser 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He wasn't overly good in his first six months here either. It was a vanity 'name' signing.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

A lot of fans were also intoxicated by those first 6 months (I would argue 3 months).  

To get Coutinho to lower the wages he was earning at Barcelona we had to give him a longer term.  

I think it was 2 games vs Leeds and Southampton which he was brilliant but the rest was just average at best

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it was 2 games vs Leeds and Southampton which he was brilliant but the rest was just average at best

He bought instant goodwill with a late equaliser against Man Utd too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

It was a huge PR move by the club, it did raise our profile. He should, however have never been given such a lengthy contract. 

Aston Villa discusses contract termination, and Philippe Coutinho is close to returning to Vasco; attacking midfielder wants to return to Brazil and gave total preference to Cruz-Maltino, with whom he already has ongoing conversations; name is more than approved by new coach Álvaro Pacheco

Philippe Coutinho and Aston Villa: exit through amicable termination is the first scenario (already) under discussion, and this requires the negotiation of outstanding amounts; loan with option to purchase is the second scenario. Seeing the next steps...

I think an outright termination is unlikely as the FFP hit will be too much. 

He's 8.5m left in book value so that would be booked as a loss instead of 4.25m and 4.25m in the following season. 

His salary is £7m per season and he would want some financial settlement on that also. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think an outright termination is unlikely as the FFP hit will be too much. 

He's 8.5m left in book value so that would be booked as a loss instead of 4.25m and 4.25m in the following season. 

His salary is £7m per season and he would want some financial settlement on that also. 

Unless he is so desperate to play for Vasco and so is also prepared to terminate the current contract.  In which case we take an £8.5m loss on his book value but save £7m in wages.  Suddenly a £1.5m loss doesn't seem so bad.  We could even give him 3 months pay and it still be a very satisfactory outcome.

44 minutes ago, allani said:

Unless he is so desperate to play for Vasco and so is also prepared to terminate the current contract.  In which case we take an £8.5m loss on his book value but save £7m in wages.  Suddenly a £1.5m loss doesn't seem so bad.  We could even give him 3 months pay and it still be a very satisfactory outcome.

Well the season just gone his wages were covered and so only cost us 4.25m. We could find a Loan for him where his wages are again covered (or he agrees to lower them). Then we agree at the end of that his contract terminated by mutual consent. Structure it like that.

Â