Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If if if if

You cant get him fit because he cant get fit. He is going to Qatar which is probably not in the top 30 leagues in the world because thats his level

7m is a blessing

If it was permanent id say ok good deal but 7m for doesnt benefit us at all. Rather sell him 2-3m and get his contract off the books than a loan then we stuck with him again next season and he is worth even less.

A loan with a fee for 2 years sounds decent.

Do we even know what the loan fee is ? Maybe its far more than we think ?

Saves giving any money to barca, we get money and clears wages of £13 million over 2 years.

sadly big phil is at a stage where every niggle seems to keep him out for 3 or 4 weeks then he needs to build his fitness up then another niggle.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thia clubs a joke at times. How does this benefit us a loan? 

They have the **** money tell them to buy him or stay here. Its pointless if no one else coming in

Well if we have his wages and amortisation covered for the time he's on loan then it's as good as selling him. 

Nobody is going to pay the 12-13m needed for us to recoup the remaining transfer fee. So if we loan him for a fee and wages covered then he can prove his fitness and hopefully we move him on later

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well if we have his wages and amortisation covered for the time he's on loan then it's as good as selling him. 

Nobody is going to pay the 12-13m needed for us to recoup the remaining transfer fee. So if we loan him for a fee and wages covered then he can prove his fitness and hopefully we move him on later

Id be inclined to agree if we had more players. But we are letting so many players go and not getting the numbers in. I just think its pointless as a loan. A extra body who can do it when he is fit.

I dont think people realise how **** we are going to be come middle of season with europe. We are picking up injuries like crazy.

And we havent even played 5 league games. Worrying for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is madness considering our squad numbers and with the rate of injuries we are getting at the moment. Plus his general presence and experience around the place is so invaluable. Disaster. 

Absolute tosh. Always injured myth of a player. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be inclined to agree if we had more players. But we are letting so many players go and not getting the numbers in. I just think its pointless as a loan. A extra body who can do it when he is fit.

I dont think people realise how **** we are going to be come middle of season with europe. We are picking up injuries like crazy.

And we havent even played 5 league games. Worrying for me.

Well look at it this way. Our last accounts we took in 178.4m in turnover. Coutinho costs 11m per year in fee amortisation and wages. If we loan him out for 2 years for his wages covered and a loan fee then we're saving ~20m from our accounts and when the rule we need to comply with are getting more stringent in Europe next season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Well look at it this way. Our last accounts we took in 178.4m in turnover. Coutinho costs 11m per year in fee amortisation and wages. If we loan him out for 2 years for his wages covered and a loan fee then we're saving ~20m from our accounts and when the rule we need to comply with are getting more stringent in Europe next season.

Hmm interesting 

We certainly will have alot of FFP to manoeuvre.  My concern is we have a fantastic opportunity for some silverware with conference league.  I dont want to see our opportunity blown because of injuries.

I know coutinho wont be the difference of winning it or losing it but im hoping if he goes we are doing some business  January 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Oh you taking the piss. Got me good

No. I’d happily whack out the Kamado Joe for him, even if it does take forever to clean properly. I bet many of the players would as well. Now everything is ruined because of our stupid decision making. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm interesting 

We certainly will have alot of FFP to manoeuvre.  My concern is we have a fantastic opportunity for some silverware with conference league.  I dont want to see our opportunity blown because of injuries.

I know coutinho wont be the difference of winning it or losing it but im hoping if he goes we are doing some business  January 

Think we’ll be fine til Jan… yet to see the best of any of our players this season… Moreno and JJ to return (both will be massive again for us), Diaby to get even better, Ollie to start scoring again.

Zaniolo to show his class and potentially become a mainstay of the team.

Bailey and Bertie in reserve. Duran could get better.

-

Because we didn’t go crazy in the window just gone, I think we will see more business done in Jan.

Would’ve preferred us to focus on and spend heavily then but deals for specific players aren’t always easy, quick or straightforward to complete…

We may try again for players we didn’t manage to bring in and were linked to… e.g. we might try n get Digne out and Acuna in… something similar to that, revisit the deals we couldn’t complete previously… names like Williams and others… who knows?

- Phil has never been much of a contributor since Unai arrived… injured too often and too easily… it’s a good move for all parties concerned…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Loan fee must be to get around the 50% sell on clause? 10mill per year for two years aye aye? 

I was thinking this. 

If this 50% of ANY fee is due to Barca it makes sense to loan him out at say £7m this year, £7m next year and a possible £7m third year gives us £21m and sharing nothing with Barca. 

Stop the bed wetting folks. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tayls said:

This is madness considering our squad numbers and with the rate of injuries we are getting at the moment. Plus his general presence and experience around the place is so invaluable. Disaster. 

I've been his staunchest defender, but to label loaning him out for a fee with wages covered a disaster is as laughable as my wrongly placed faith in him.

Â