Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Really enjoyed watching him play, but he epitomised Gerrard’s time at the club with his occasional “moments of magic”.

I can just hear Gerrard’s whiny accent telling the players to get the ball to Phil and he’ll do something with it.

A bit surprising that he didn’t try n sign him again for his Saudi club…

A sense of what if, and if only with this one. Was really excited to see him arrive and was full of hope and optimism, but he seemingly can’t stay fit anymore. A real shame, but best for the club to offload him and bring in someone who can contribute more consistently. Thanks Phil!

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbf he would tear up the saudi league (if he can stay fit), and its all about raising the league's profile, ticks all the boxes tbh (apart from the fitness/injury box)

Shame he ain't going there then

• Like 1

Hope the move works out for him.

A very likeable player who was badly hampered with injuries during his time with us.

I really thought he could be an asset for us in Europe this year but probably the right move to get him off the books given his injury record

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Signing Coutinho was a pivotal moment, as marked the the point when we returned to being one of the top clubs again, he was as if the club's stargate to other top players, as since his arrival we signed Diego Carlos, Digne, Kamara, Tielemans, Torres, Zaniolo, and Diaby, he helped change the way the club was perceived by the world, which probably helped us attract a top manager like Emery, who in turn is having a similar effect but in his case both because of his previous reputation and how wel he's doing.

I really don't think so. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Saudis or Qatari would buy anyone with only a passing resemblance to a footbal player...not sure Monchi deserves much credit for this one.

Yep it's like congratulating the chef when a dog eats a pork chop!

8 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Bit sad he never really got fit under Emery. A lot of our plan now is to free up space and create quick openings in the pocket, he would be very good at that if he could just get a run.

He really wouldn't, he can barely move at this stage of his career

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbf he would tear up the saudi league (if he can stay fit), and its all about raising the league's profile, ticks all the boxes tbh (apart from the fitness/injury box)

He can barely move and was last good about 5 years ago. But good luck to him for his last big move before retirement. Was never a problem off the pitch unlike some big names we have had in the past.

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't think so. 

Yeah… I’d say that’s at least a bit of a stretch and quite exaggerated on the whole!

Phil is why we got Unai?? 😂😂

The players… could even go so far as to suggest SG then 😱

😂

Na

Na, this was the reason:

spacer.png

NSWE stepped in and sent Purslow n his pal on their way

🙏

• Like 1

Â