Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

If these are all “facts”… including the suggested numbers…

I think it’s really positive news…

I really thought we’d struggle to offload him and even get a decent fee…

This is the difficulty/problem when you put ageing players well past their prime on long contracts and hefty wages… it’s usually so difficult to get rid of them and relieve the club of the financial burden… so often, you have to take a loss (and haven’t we known it over and over again?!)…

Feel like we got lucky here… or Monchi is a master.

Please be true… 🙏

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just something saying that, if the fee is under 20 mill Euros ( As reported ) , Barca get nothing apparently!

Why would that be though? I've only seen it on new villareport who stink like the original avfc faithful tbh.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Well if Neil from FtLoPM is reporting it, I'll accept that!

I’ve only just started listening to him, does he have connections and reliable info? I thought Paddy got the odd snippet but not Neil?

Qatar over Saudi is surprising as I didn’t think they were pushing the league and signings as much. 
I bet Coutinho has made us a fair amount commercially, so to get most of our money back as well would be good. 
Wish him well, seems a very likeable person and clearly loved by the team especially the Latin contingent. 

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why would that be though? I've only seen it on new villareport who stink like the original avfc faithful tbh.

You'd think there's no way the deal we made was 'OK we'll buy him for you for £20 million and if we sell him for £20 million you get £10 million of it.'

That wouldn't make any sense. I imagine this situation where the sell on clause only refers to profit is common. Normally it's applied to people on the up where profit would be more expected—like Exeter getting a cut of Brentford's Watkins to Villa fee, which was a huge profit.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Qatar over Saudi is surprising as I didn’t think they were pushing the league and signings as much. 
I bet Coutinho has made us a fair amount commercially, so to get most of our money back as well would be good. 
Wish him well, seems a very likeable person and clearly loved by the team especially the Latin contingent. 

It reflects even better on him coming to us if he is now off for a payday. Taking a huge paycut to come here and now with his body failing him leaving us without any financial burden supposedly. 

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You'd think there's no way the deal we made was 'OK we'll buy him for you for £20 million and if we sell him for £20 million you get £10 million of it.'

That wouldn't make any sense. I imagine this situation where the sell on clause only refers to profit is common. Normally it's applied to people on the up where profit would be more expected—like Exeter getting a cut of Brentford's Watkins to Villa fee, which was a huge profit.

100%. If it's just the profit, great! Not something we would have to worry about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

£5m to Barca, so £5m..

Not enough.

I think we'll need over £15m.

50% to them is only on any profit over what we paid, which this isn’t.

Edit: sorry, you’re already having this conversation with others!

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

Wish Coutinho the best, we saw glimpses of his talent but not enough to impact the starting lineup. Unlike a lot of players who are driven by money he was prepared to make a sacrifice to play regular football. he could have also refused to move but is doing the right thing for him and the club. Good luck.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we got anywhere near €20m for him, it would be an incredible deal. I love Coutinho but the bloke can’t stay fit. His body is done at this level it would seem.

Monchi doing bits.

Up the Monchi.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Monchi is the real **** deal when it comes to negotiations 

Hoping he’s equally impressive with incomings this week because the club is making lots of room for them. 

Monchi and Emery are a different level to Purslow and Gerrard.

• Like 2

Â