Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

He looked rough against Brentford in Maryland but that game had also devolved at that point. Looked better v Lazio. I’m wearing my replica kit of him today so that means he will for sure immolate or get run over by the team bus tomorrow. 

Edited by 479Villan

I'd be considering starting him considering the injury to Buendia. I certainly wouldn't be playing Bailey ahead of him however I don't think Emery rates him and I suspect the plan is to try and sell him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We've seen with al-whatthefaq that you don't have to be a PIF owned club to have billions to spend.... but are Duhail one of the non PIF teams?

I've said all along I doubt Coutinho would be open to moving there for the money. Unlike other players he came to us for a significant drop in wages, clearly valuing the playing time and surroundings he'd be offered. Maybe they're both a little less rosey now than when his mate was here, but I'm sure he'd still prefer to stay here then move to Saudi. Be interesting to see this one unfold. 

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We've seen with al-whatthefaq that you don't have to be a PIF owned club to have billions to spend.... but are Duhail one of the non PIF teams?

I've said all along I doubt Coutinho would be open to moving there for the money. Unlike other players he came to us for a significant drop in wages, clearly valuing the playing time and surroundings he'd be offered. Maybe they're both a little less rosey now than when his mate was here, but I'm sure he'd still prefer to stay here then move to Saudi. Be interesting to see this one unfold. 

They’re in Qatar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are totally different countries fam 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't think he's all about the money, that said, if it's about game time and playing consistently that makes him happy then he will get it with this sort of move. 

If he doesn't move on then fingers crossed his niggling injuries are behind him and we see the sort of player we saw during the loan time. 

I'm sure he's just as frustrated as we are. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 19:54, djdabush said:

I'd be considering starting him considering the injury to Buendia. I certainly wouldn't be playing Bailey ahead of him however I don't think Emery rates him and I suspect the plan is to try and sell him.

His body isn’t capable of doing what Buendia does 

50 minutes ago, paul514 said:

His body isn’t capable of doing what Buendia does 

Technically, Buendia's body isn't capable of doing what Buendia did right now. 😞  But I get the point, I think that the modern game has moved on a little and athleticism is more at a premium than when Coutinho was at Liverpool.

I really hope that he still has a role to play and that we don't ship him off to Saudi Arabia, because he is a very technically gifted player and we haven't really seen what he is capable of under Unai

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I really hope that he still has a role to play and that we don't ship him off to Saudi Arabia, because he is a very technically gifted player and we haven't really seen what he is capable of under Unai

He is technically brilliant, and great to watch. I enjoyed his pre season cameos.  But physically it doesn't  seem like he is up to the pace in the league and with Buendia out, that's  a bit of an issue. I'd like him to stay and play his part, but if moving him and a couple of the fringe players out meant we could  bring in someone special, I'd  be OK with it

8 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

He is technically brilliant, and great to watch. I enjoyed his pre season cameos.  But physically it doesn't  seem like he is up to the pace in the league and with Buendia out, that's  a bit of an issue. I'd like him to stay and play his part, but if moving him and a couple of the fringe players out meant we could  bring in someone special, I'd  be OK with it

It looked like he was up to the pace against Newcastle when he came on, but I know that it wasnt for long.

6 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

It looked like he was up to the pace against Newcastle when he came on, but I know that it wasnt for long.

I think he's  a great option to bring on in a league game  - not so sure about starting.  Would love to be proved wrong

• Like 1

I'd probably keep him around if Emery says he will get chances. If the club need him to move to facilitate other signings then I'd sell him. Tbh I'm happy with him staying or going either way.

I feel though Emery and Monchi are doing what Guardiola and Begiristain did at City. Essentially brought in a new squad over a couple of summers and kept a few who fit the system. 

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re in Qatar. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are totally different countries fam 😂

Cheers, I probably should have checked that rather than guessing! In that case, I suspect he may be more persuadable to the move. 

But what kind of league does Qatar have? I didn't think it had the ambitions of Saudi on the sports washing front.

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Cheers, I probably should have checked that rather than guessing! In that case, I suspect he may be more persuadable to the move. 

But what kind of league does Qatar have? I didn't think it had the ambitions of Saudi on the sports washing front.

Not even close to Saudi League mate.

Foreign players get very good money, yes, but nothing in the realms of what Saudi are building and paying, to my knowledge.

Outside of maybe 1 or 2 clubs, and maybe for Cup finals etc... you're lucky if there's 200 people in the stadium. lol

A couple of the clubs are " favoured " and bankrolled but outside of that it's pretty dead.

Remember that Ibrahim Bamba from Vitoria recently signed here as well.

I think Duhail are one of those favoured clubs.

I can't see Coutinho wanting to come here if he still wants to " compete " but you never know.

He can have a good, peaceful family life though

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

He's so off PL pace it's not funny and he's not getting pace back

• Haha 1

Â