Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

12 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Is he back fit yet? I know he was doing training but is he fully fit?

Just dosen't fill you with confidence.

With these two injuries he hasn't been seen on a pitch since late Feb at Everton so that's five months.

It feels a bit now like Calvert Lewin except he's integral to Everton's prospects whereas Coutinho is basically just a luxury squad player for us now who we'd willingly move on with a serious offer.

Don't really think he's someone you can rely on considering how often we should be playing Thursday-Sunday next season, you need robust players for that schedule.

• Like 1

Was ok, I watched the game, some nice little touches, was tidy nothing more nothing less the main thing is he got 30 minutes in the tank, onto Brentford & hopefully build his fitness some more 👍 

I thought he started bright, lively, pressed well off the ball but tired very quickly. Sayin that, humidity reached 98 second half and everyone looked scrappy and a bit disjointed, Dougie aside. Hard to judge us really in games that have such ridiculous humidity. Lazio will be better to game to gauge us in.

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Hopefully gets 45min against Brentford 

Needs minutes badly,

I've never thought it's been a lack of effort but his body just seems to have given up on him in terms of this level, 

Hopefully he can build himself up a bit more 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Needs minutes badly,

I've never thought it's been a lack of effort but his body just seems to have given up on him in terms of this level, 

Hopefully he can build himself up a bit more 

Agreed needs minutes. He is rusty coming off a long lay off but it’s hard not to compare him to Willian, who is older but has got much more burst and change of pace than Coutinho. 

Thought he looked lively against Fulham.

Coutinho was looking to be direct and he made a great first-time pass, looked like a 'no-look' pass to me.

Hope gets another 45 minutes against Brentford.

If Emery can get him up to fitness it would be great to see him involved this season; we will need him. Perhaps he is more suited to playing (starting) the odd PL game and more regular starts in Cup competitions. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

To use a bit of a gaming term maybe Coutinho can be a bit of a glass cannon for us, only capable of playing one in 3-4 games but when he does is very effective 

I just can't see it.

All these wishful comments is exactly what Arsenal fans said about Ozil.

Coutinho is done at this level. His body can't handle this level of intensity. 

He may feature against some dead teams in the conference or early stages of the domestic cups but Premier League games not a chance.

• Like 1

Â