Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Is this true?

What he's promised and what he'll get are going to be very different, I imagine. They'll probably boot him in 6 months and give him nothing and there isn't much he'll be able to do about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

What he's promised and what he'll get are going to be very different, I imagine. They'll probably boot him in 6 months and give him nothing and there isn't much he'll be able to do about it.

MBS when Gerrard wants his back pay…. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I'll be pleasantly suprised.

If he does stay and if he does play a part in this coming season, I'll give it 6 games before he's out again injured.

I just don't think he has what it takes anymore for the demands of this level that it commands. He's too much of a luxury to have.

He would be more suited to the Saudi League if I'm honest and it would suit all parties all round if he leaves.

• Like 1

I do think Unai will get a tune out of him if he stays. Still looked like there was a player in there in a couple of cameos before the injury. That being said if we do get an offer to take his wages off the books it would make sense to let him go as I suspect he will only be a bit part player.

As much as I would love to see Emery get something out of him, I don't think Coutinho cares. He just wants the paycheck and I'd rather see the club get as much for him as we can, most likely in Saudi. 

Maybe Stevie will give him a new home. 🤪

Edited by MachoFantastico

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

As much as I would love to see Emery get something out of him, I don't think Coutinho cares. He just wants the paycheck and I'd rather see the club get as much for him as we can, most likely in Saudi. 

What a bizarre take.  He only cares about money so much, that he took a pay cut to come her from Barcelona 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

During his time here, what has he done to give you that idea?

If all he was interested in was money he would have sat put his Barca contract and not taken a massive paycut to come here.

Phil has been super fit if you follow his Instagram. I see someone who is motivated. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I don't agree with that. He wants to do well just his body is more like 41 than 31. Young was in better nick and we have let him go.

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I mean yeah, this is obvious 

Taking a massive pay cut to come here just proves that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can’t understand the lack of support he enjoys on here. I get that he was signed by Gerrard, he’s past his best and financially he’s a bit of a burden.

BUT. He has been nothing but a professional since arriving and when he first arrived he was absolutely on fire. He’s been working extremely hard to get back and if anyone can get the best out of him it’s Emery. Ok fine maybe that might not happen, but it might well do! So why not support him and try to help him achieve a renaissance? If it doesn’t happen then it is what it is and we move on, but whilst he is here I don’t know why we wouldn’t be pushing him to be peak Coutinho. 

Not the way mate, even in times of positivity and excitement, people will find someone to ridicule / criticise. Its baffling.

• Like 1

Â