Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

We all know he has talent and he's shown it at times for Villa. 

I can forgive him his poor form at start of season because Watkins couldn't hit a barn door and McGinn was as bad as anyone.

He's not had a chance to prove himself like others have under Emery. 

We really don't know what will happen next season. He could improve and play a key role or he could flop and continue to be injured 

• Like 2

If he stays and remains fit then he should get a few games with the fixture schedule. I was so excited when he came but it hasnt happened. Not bad back up to have though.

Would love if Emery could get him going again.

With our new improved midfield behind him and being more defensively sound too it could ease his responsabilities and help if him "not having the legs" is an issue.

• Like 1

I thought he was busted flush in Bundesliga and not cut out for PL anymore before he signed. So much wishful thinking yet on here yet I wonder if his injury was exaggerated and Emery just didn't rate him at the business end of last season

• Like 3

I’m undecided about whether we should keep him or not, last season was disappointing. 

However, the issue about selling him is obviously this 50% sell on fee to Barcelona. So, would anything stop us loaning him out for a two year deal for a total of £8.5m loan fee, with an obligation to buy for a smaller fee? The 50% only relates to transfer fees and not loan fees I think. It’s completely not in the spirit of things, but could be an option. 

He was really good in the loan for us, so I am still hopeful he can recapture that form for us, however just doing some creative accounting. 

Whilst I wouldn't put it past Emery getting some good form out of him, he is just injured too much these days. We can't rely on players like Coutinho playing a few games and then being injured for 2 months especially with the amount of wages he is on. 

Would be good for all parties if he is moved on this summer but I only see Saudi Arabia being able to pay his wages unfortunately so I think we are stuck with him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Only €10 million on Transfermarkt the site that doesn't make up valuations on the fly lol

FAO Turkish or Saudi clubs, if you're reading this, then I am actually a high ranking official at Aston Villa and can confirm that this valuation is not "on the fly" - it's actually far below his true value, so get that €10m bid in quick because I've to to meet a man about a badge this afternoon... ah damn it

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There is no way to sell him without taking a hit with FFP, what impact does player swaps have on FFP?  Could he (or Traore for that matter) be included in a deal for Arda Guler?

FFP already accounted for via amortization I thought?

If he stays fit I’m backing him to be European Conference League top scorer.

On his fitness, on Insta he’s posted pictures of him with a trainer starting doing intensive work. I seem to remember last season I didn’t see that, seems he’s got the grit between his teeth this year. Let’s hope he can get fully fit and sharp.

• Like 3

Â