Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Emery didn't manage to get anything out of Ozil so I'm not sure why people are so confident he will do it with this guy.

Some players are just past their best, simple as that. Proof is in the pudding.

59 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I wasn't very happy with his loan form and was actually pretty annoyed when we made it permanent 

You were in the minority then. There were some on this forum that thought he wouldn't sign here permanently. We need to lay off him a bit, I think he is the type that needs an arm around his shoulder and reassurance.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Emery didn't manage to get anything out of Ozil so I'm not sure why people are so confident he will do it with this guy.

Some players are just past their best, simple as that. Proof is in the pudding.

He was right on Ozil too despite the Arsenal fans complaints at the time.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d like to see him start as our No. 10 in a 4-2-3-1 system. He is a better player than Buendia and deserves a shot at it.

Admittedly he has been poor in his last couple of outings though. 

Yea i agree but buendia has generally been poor when he starts games. Better as a sub.

But if you ask me buendias been a bigger disappointment than coutinho

Ozil was somewhat maligned and scapegoated as his stats weren’t bad… He was somewhat of a mercenary though who appeared to give up when he got his fat contract renewal… Coutihno on the other hand sacrificed millions & millions to join us - to play for Aston Villa. He gets more of a free pass to hopefully find form due to this and think it’s a misplaced and lazy comparison 

Edited by thabucks

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You don't suddenly lose all that talent, yes you maybe slow down, but he still has it, and surely Emery is the one to make him work. If not, I agree, off to the MLS he goes.

Maybe the problem is that, in his head, Phil thinks he can still do what he used to instead of admitting he needs to adapt his style. 

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

You don't suddenly lose all that talent, yes you maybe slow down, but he still has it, and surely Emery is the one to make him work. If not, I agree, off to the MLS he goes.

He was garbage for most of 3 seasons before he came to us

• Like 2

I expect him to be at VP for some time, as we can't afford to simply let him go for next nothing, too much reduction in assets. Maybe Unai can get him playing again or maybe his time has gone. Personally I would rather not see him playing. It's a shame and a waste of a player

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was garbage for most of 3 seasons before he came to us

He was quality when he first came to us, unplayable, he has slowed but still has skills. I have said if Emery cannot coax it out of him, he won't play and be offered to leave in the summer, but I personally think he has far more to offer than we are presently seeing.

What a disappointment, its sad to see.
Its like that film Space Jam when the Nerdlucks steal the NBA players powers.
My only explanation Is Newcastle have stole Coutinho Football ability and split it between Almiron, longstaff and Joelinton. 

14 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Pretty sure Emery is looking forward to implementing world class talent like Coutinho to the team, irrespective of past performances and form. 

Coutinho is not world class. That's why he is at Villa and has about 0 goals and 0 assist in his last 20 games.

Emery has been given a bigger budget and ambition than the club he was at. He's here to buy young players , and build a team from the ground up, and a project. He isn't here to play 30 year old players that can't move anymore.

Basically what happened at Arsenal. A bunch of old pros that don't have the hunger anymore got him the sack.

He won't be making that mistake again I guarantee

Why can't people just see and accept what is staring them in the face? Same with Gerrard last season. McGinn for the past year. People looking for something that isn't there.

Edited by rodders0223

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Emery has been given a bigger budget and ambition than the club he was at. He's here to buy young players , and build a team from the ground up, and a project. He isn't here to play 30 year old players that can't move anymore.

Plenty of guesswork here. I must have missed where he spoke about his remit with us. 

Just now, vreitti said:

Plenty of guesswork here. I must have missed where he spoke about his remit with us. 

I think it's the same remit every head coach should have. The one Purslow talked about endlessly before Gerrard.

Develop youth players, promote our own, seek players that we can improve technically and financially.

It's not 'get the best out of washed up players'

You folks are actually delusional now. Coutinho is done. He's not world class and he won't be here next year.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Not sure he’s any worse than Buendia has been but Buendia seems to get the support of the fans. 

Because he does more than Coutinho. Coutinho cant move and he cant press. Its like playing with 10 men when he starts

• Like 2

Â