Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I thought Coutinho didn't do anything to positively affect the game and was far too safe. We haven't signed him to play that way... we want him to take risks, dribble and try the audacious. Unfortunately I saw none of that today and am scratching my head to understand why. 

Not working in this system. 

If we play 2 forwards then it needs to be buendia. Otherwise play 1 striker and coutinho with buendia. 

We have lots of options. I can't remember the last time we had this many attacking options in the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not working in this system. 

If we play 2 forwards then it needs to be buendia. Otherwise play 1 striker and coutinho with buendia. 

We have lots of options. I can't remember the last time we had this many attacking options in the squad. 

Agreed. You have to play Buendia and Coutinho behind 1 striker. 
I have no idea what Gerrard is thinking at the moment. 

• Like 1

I wanted us to sign him permanently and still think for the money it will be a great deal but he was really poor today and its now been 9 games since he got a goal or an assist which just isn't good enough even if he was playing well.

The fact that he isn't playing well either and giving simple passes to the opposition really is an insult considering he was once the world's second most expensive player.

I blame a lot of it on Gerrard though because he was coming so deep to get the ball at times and he should have been much higher up the pitch where he can do damage.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I wanted us to sign him permanently and still think for the money it will be a great deal but he was really poor today and its now been 9 games since he got a goal or an assist which just isn't good enough even if he was playing well.

The fact that he isn't playing well either and giving simple passes to the opposition really is an insult considering he was once the world's second most expensive player.

I blame a lot of it on Gerrard though because he was coming so deep to get the ball at times and he should have been much higher up the pitch where he can do damage.

exactly the same problem Grealish had early on.

Realised the players around him are gash, so drops deeper and deeper to get the ball, to try and be involved.

We need to fix the midfield in the summer, critically so, its mind boggling how poor our midfield is.

New striker also tbf.....i think once we get the right players in, Couts and Buendia will be something else.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

All the negative posters, do everyone, including yourself, a favour and disable your internet for a week. Or longer.

or you could just accept that people have different opinions

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I don’t understand why he was playing so deep. Seemed to do him no favors today.

Often seemed like the only way he'd get the ball. Strong "pass it to Jack" vibes in the first half, we had  nothing to offer

Â