Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I know people are querying how this affects Buendia but don't forget that next season 5 subs will be allowed so having more strength in depth is crucial.

100% this, having options like Buendia and Coutinho is a great problem to have. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I know people are querying how this affects Buendia but don't forget that next season 5 subs will be allowed so having more strength in depth is crucial.

Coutinho for half an hour at the end of a game is a great option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think I've been a bit off Coutinho because I didn't think he'd end up coming or that it would be a huge amount of money and a gamble. 

I think this is looking like a massive signing. 

Same here

37 minutes ago, jim said:

100% this, having options like Buendia and Coutinho is a great problem to have. 

Especially when we get injuries. Bailey, Traore, Watkins and Buendia were injured for the start of our season. Essentially our front 4 in our 4 2 3 1 system. All injured

To get to the top places in the league we need the squad depth and competition for places. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Great point. We have to think big and try to roster as many top players as we can.

1 minute ago, Condimentalist said:

Flits in and out of games doesn't he. 

I'm hoping a good pre season would see more consistency but we shouldn't sacrifice Emi's development for him IMO. 

Emi's more tenacious character helps him IMO. And Coutinho can spot through balls, but he's no Emi at spotting them.

really, we need to find a way to play our best 2 players, Buendia and Couts should be the first names on the teamsheet....somehow.

offload watkins and ings, buy a top striker, player couts and buendia each side or as roaming inside etc.

• Like 1

I didnt think he was great tonight. Had a couple of nice touches but most of the game passed him by.

Didnt do a whole lot defensively and looked gassed fairly early int he second half. I like him but this wasnt the game to start him.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But he's not as good as Buendia.

Inter, Liverpool Bayern Munich and Barcelona player with 60 caps for Brazil isnt as good as someone who's had two seasons of top flight football? Behave yourself.

• Like 2

Â