Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

If we're not good enough for him then Newcastle certainly aren't.

They might have all the money in the world but they won't be competitive in Coutinho's peak years.

Edited by Wainy316

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle are not going to pay him £425k a week 

What do they teach on the sports journalism courses at uni? Modules on how to be a professional bullhsitter 

Yep they can’t blow their wage structure either - the press just really, really want to suck up to Blood on the Tyne. 

The reason the transfer will be a bit tricky is because Barcelona will need to agree a financial settlement with Coutinho for the final year of his contract. We will surely be able to pay him in the 150k-200k salary and give him a 3 or 4 year contract. The transfer fee we will pay should cover remaining amortisation of his contract. So the wrangling will be over the 10 million in salary Coutinho will lose between what we pay him in next year and what Barcelona would be paying him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Superb player. His fitness over 90 minutes though is abit of a concern but no question of the quality he brings.

Its jusv he has some shit beside him

Agreed. If he stays and we don’t build a midfield behind him we’ve had a mare imo. Watching him drop into our own half to get the ball moving is painful 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Agreed. If he stays and we don’t build a midfield behind him we’ve had a mare imo. Watching him drop into our own half to get the ball moving is painful 

I think the biggest problem is we dont have many ball winners in cm and the fact that mcginns passing is atrocious. Meaning as you say couts has to keep dropping into our own half

Therefore we are under constant pressure because we have to win the ball back then when we getvit forward we tend to over pass it and this gives the opposition enough time to get people back. 

We have the players to very dangerous on the counter attack yet our counter attacking has been abysmal 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 11:08, Nicho said:

I don’t doubt his quality I doubt his physical ability. He’s still sharp on the ball and even the small movements but he generally looks pretty immobile.

We shouldn’t be building the team around one player and we can’t have a passenger off the ball.

I understand the love affair and I won’t be unhappy if we do sign him but I hope we don’t. 

Yeah let's go for Mbappe instead

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

SG certainly need to improve the defensive spine. There is talk now that we do not want to sign Coutinho or pay Barcelona the 33 million pound fee, so maybe Gerrard feels he can improve in the team to make us a more well rounded unit with the additional money. 

Really I've not heard that ?....

I wonder if we are getting our 'no' in early before he snubs us !

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Well on the flip side, this could be the club vetoing this?

Remember after one of the games where he had an outstanding performance, SG mentioned a couple of times " If the club back me " etc. " It's not up to me, just enjoy it for now ".

Look, Coutinho is obviously a household name and on another level on his day.

However, at 33 mill ( at his age ) and however many 100's of thousands of pounds per week. We could potentially sign. The " Next Coutinho " 🤔

OR, perhaps the club realise that we have enough attacking/flair players, and we'd be better of putting that money elsewhere on the pitch.

I might tend to agree in that case. Until we improve the spine of the team, players like Coutinho will only be papering over cracks. So when he has an off game, we have tended to be shite, recently.

Obviously this depends on their being truth to what @Villa_Vids said.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Who knows? Coutinho may have a better offer elsewhere or/and maybe the club sees the money being used better in other areas to improve the side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Who knows? Coutinho may have a better offer elsewhere or/and maybe the club sees the money being used better in other areas to improve the side.

I dont think Coutinho will have Champions League teams chasing him. Will be us or Newcastle in the running for him 

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well on the flip side, this could be the club vetoing this?

Remember after one of the games where he had an outstanding performance, SG mentioned a couple of times " If the club back me " etc. " It's not up to me, just enjoy it for now ".

Look, Coutinho is obviously a household name and on another level on his day.

However, at 33 mill ( at his age ) and however many 100's of thousands of pounds per week. We could potentially sign. The " Next Coutinho " 🤔

OR, perhaps the club realise that we have enough attacking/flair players, and we'd be better of putting that money elsewhere on the pitch.

I might tend to agree in that case. Until we improve the spine of the team, players like Coutinho will only be papering over cracks. So when he has an off game, we have tended to be shite, recently.

Obviously this depends on their being truth to what @Villa_Vids said.

Why would the club veto it ?

£33m doesn't seem out of bounds for NSWE - and the wages we were talking for Grealish I think would be enough for Countinho.

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why would the club veto it ?

£33m doesn't seem out of bounds for NSWE - and the wages we were talking for Grealish I think would be enough for Countinho.

The club actively "future proofing"? The board may asking questions about Carney's future in the first team and Buendia too? Plus investment in other areas of the team too. The ideal scenario for Villa is negotiating down the fee and wages, so we can further improve other areas of the club too. This is surely a good thing for the overall health of the club?

• Like 1

Â