Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

43 minutes ago, weedman said:

I'd have thought the other way round no? Buendia in Ramsey position as he is all energy and aggression then Coutinho off the striker drifting around making the magic happen 

Just thought Coutinho has more experience playing in a deeper role.

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just over 2 weeks wages. Some bonus 😂

I can't see him upping sticks and moving his entire family up to Newcastle where the training facilities are woeful and he's miles away from the nearest decent city/airport. Even if they did pay him the £1m he doesn't need. 
Moving this away from Coutinho for a moment, this is going to be a policy Newcastle have to adopt for a lot of players I suspect. They will constantly be fighting the fact that nobody really wants to move up there and the facilities are lacklustre. I imagine they'll have to pay huge sums of money on top of what they offer players in pay to convince them to join. Top players I'm talking about here. 

Coutinho will sign for Villa, I'm sure of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I'd have thought the other way round no? Buendia in Ramsey position as he is all energy and aggression then Coutinho off the striker drifting around making the magic happen 

Buendia loses the ball too often to play in a deeper position. You want him trying to thread balls through to the striker further up the field. If one of Buendia/Coutinho had to drop into the deeper '8' position, it would be Coutinho as he has massive quality on the ball. 

• Like 3

• I'm pretty confident he'll be wearing claret and blue next season. If SG was influential enough to get him here, I really can't see Coutinho going to another club. He won't let SG down, he has obviously been told that he is an integral part of the project and I really believe he has brought into the owners and manager's ambition for where they want our club to be.
  • He seems happy and settled here and that's never a guarantee should he go to another club. I really don't get the pessimism, it's exciting times ahead. I, for one, can't wait for next season. I really believe we can start to make our mark and at least challenge for the top 6, and a League Cup victory is long overdue. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Newcastle £1m bonus thing is just weird - it's reported in a sort of "Wow! £1m!" type of way that's ridiculous.

If any team, including us, wants four years of Coutinho, the total package, not including the fee, but including wages and bonuses will come in at somewhere around £60m.

But yeah, a £1m bonus is bound to completely blow the player away.

Oddball reporting from The Sun.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm sure Barcelona will be willing accept a bid a fair bit further north of the £35m we can make too

Sounds like a bit of agent fishing suggesting that negotiations with villa are open 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia loses the ball too often to play in a deeper position. You want him trying to thread balls through to the striker further up the field. If one of Buendia/Coutinho had to drop into the deeper '8' position, it would be Coutinho as he has massive quality on the ball. 

If we have to rely on either of the two to put in a shift in defence and attack that’s Buendia though. Coutinho in an 8 would be like playing with two midfielders imo. 

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure Barcelona will be willing accept a bid a fair bit further north of the £35m we can make too

Sounds like a bit of agent fishing suggesting that negotiations with villa are open 

I think it’s the Newcastle side casting a wide net out for quality players hoping one would be interested.  

From the reports coming out a month or so ago the fee for Coutinho is agreed just needs to be actioned and we already know the salary package to complete the deal which suggests the details are all but done already, just our board/owners sign it off or not, which looks like the decision for that will be later this month/early next month.

I don’t think any other club are involved and this will just get done.  Coutinho is here because of Gerrard and is happy.  Gerrard wants him to stay.  The board/owners aren’t going to say no to the first big player Gerrard wants.  Money isn’t the main reason for moving from Barca so I don’t think Newcastle could offer him enough to persuade him to pick money over where he is now.  It’s just a matter of when he signs not if imo.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s the Newcastle side casting a wide net out for quality players hoping one would be interested.  

From the reports coming out a month or so ago the fee for Coutinho is agreed just needs to be actioned and we already know the salary package to complete the deal which suggests the details are all but done already, just our board/owners sign it off or not, which looks like the decision for that will be later this month/early next month.

I don’t think any other club are involved and this will just get done.  Coutinho is here because of Gerrard and is happy.  Gerrard wants him to stay.  The board/owners aren’t going to say no to the first big player Gerrard wants.  Money isn’t the main reason for moving from Barca so I don’t think Newcastle could offer him enough to persuade him to pick money over where he is now.  It’s just a matter of when he signs not if imo.

Yeah I agree

I think this is nonsense, at worst it's his agent using Newcastle money to try and squeeze a little bit more out of villa but at best I think it shows that we are in talks otherwise this noise wouldn't exist 

I'd expect a lot of that over the summer, clubs, players, agents will all use Newcastle and their money in the papers to try and better deals elsewhere, normal transfer window bollocks that the papers lap up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

sounds more like the s*n totally making stuff up

i think if talks break down regarding contract then the story will break, probably by the tier 1 journos as his agent will be touting him out. as things stand, i'm still confident

Yeah he's not going NUFC - the very question of it makes you realise how much further they need to progress despite the money - too early for them whereas I think we're bang in the right place for the likes of PC. 

9 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I have a feeling that Coutinho's decision on where to play next season will not be influenced by money but more a football/family decision. Hopefully with us.

When you have as much money as Coutinho does, his next contract really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  He could quit playing today and his entire family and future grandchildren would all be set for life.  Football, family, and his own happiness will dictate his next move.  Like you said, I hope that next move is with us permanently this summer.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah he's not going NUFC - the very question of it makes you realise how much further they need to progress despite the money - too early for them whereas I think we're bang in the right place for the likes of PC. 

I still think Newcastle aren't going to be throwing around as much money as everyone is expecting them to.  They may get one big money mercenary to join them this summer, but for all their financial clout, the best manager they could attract was Eddie Howe and their January signings were underwhelming.  Money alone will only get them so far and time will tell just how willing the Saudis are willing to dump more and more and more into that club.  

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not joining Newcastle - ignore the clickbait 

And based on reports of them having about 60m to spend, there won't be too many others joining Newcastle either

Â