Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Would getting rid of certain players such as Hourihane, Kalinic, Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Targett pay for Coutinho's wages?

It's a no-brainer really isn't it?

I think the summer will bring a big overhaul regardless 

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

.. and he'll be 30 by the time we'll be putting up 40m and astronomical wages. It's a valid debate.

Players stay at their peak longer now, assuming they look after themselves. 

Modric (36), Kroos (32) and Benzema (34) still bossing it for Real. 

35 is the new 30 in football! :D 

• Like 1

We just need to be creative with the contract. He's on a rumoured £480k per week at Barca, with one year to run. He'll never get a contract like that again

We should be looking at maybe £250k per week on a three year deal with an option for a fourth year. Plus a big signing on fee and perhaps a loyalty bonus in a couple of years. I'm sure we can sort something out. 

45 minutes ago, Kingman said:

And 12 months younger than KDB 

7 years younger than Thiago Silva

4 years younger than Karim Benzema

6 years younger than Fernandinho

5 years younger than Cavani 

He's age is no problem...He was only at Liverpool 5 years, his longest serving club.

• Like 2

What I love about him and find so remarkable is that he seems so humble for someone with such world class ability. He's the best player on the pitch every time he plays, and was a world record signing not even 5 years ago but when you see him you would think he just broke through the academy or something. Seems like a lovely guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AV82 said:

.. and he'll be 30 by the time we'll be putting up 40m and astronomical wages. It's a valid debate.

not every single signing needs to be with the long term in mind. if he helps us achieve a europa league place in the next couple of seasons or so it'll be worth it. not to mention the ambition it shows other potential signings.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

superlatives seem to dry up, talking about this lad.

There simply isn't enough.

It’s still not sunk in. 

After his debut at VP when we were walking back to the car my boy just said ‘dad, I can’t believe I’ve just saw Phillippe Countinho play football, and I can’t believe it was for us’

Even last night I said similar to the boy, it’s ridiculous really. Watching him is absolute joy. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

It’s still not sunk in. 

After his debut at VP when we were walking back to the car my boy just said ‘dad, I can’t believe I’ve just saw Phillippe Countinho play football, and I can’t believe it was for us’

Even last night I said similar to the boy, it’s ridiculous really. Watching him is absolute joy. 

I don't speak to my cousin much since he moved down south, but last night he called me just to sing that Coutinho song down the phone. Magic indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What I love about him and find so remarkable is that he seems so humble for someone with such world class ability. He's the best player on the pitch every time he plays, and was a world record signing not even 5 years ago but when you see him you would think he just broke through the academy or something. Seems like a lovely guy.

He is proper humble, an it's why I think if it was up to him personally, I think he would be happy to stay for around £150k a week. But it's his agent who's gonna kick up the fuss.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He is proper humble, an it's why I think if it was up to him personally, I think he would be happy to stay for around £150k a week. But it's his agent who's gonna kick up the fuss.

His agent works for him. Any player that sits back and lets their agent make noises is doing so because it suits their purposes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

not every single signing needs to be with the long term in mind. 

Exactly. Long term plans in a short term football industry seems a little conflicting anyway! 

• Like 3

They way I look at it, it's 40 million plus a huge wage.

In return you get an outstanding talent for the next 3 to 4 years.

But what that also buys you is an increased performance level of players around him. Your essentially paying the money to get another 10-20% out of the players who he is linking up with, carrying the ball for, drawing fouls for.

There's absolutely no doubt the reason for our upturn in our form is in direct correlation with Coutinho's fitness improving and his role in the team being cemented.

• Like 1

He lifts the entire teams quality level  (according to the other players in interviews, Cash, Ollie, Martinez, Ings, Ramsey)
The manager wants him as his number 1 perm signing and repeated this last night.
Purslow and the owners have been awesome in supporting the manager.
Coutinho wants to play every game in prepetration for the world cup, he also seems happy and now lives locally and his family has regular dinners with Emi, Emi & Dougs family (source Martinez's interview)

Unless the money is insane then it feels like this is a good fit overall.

I would hate to see another club swoop in.

• Like 2

Â