Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

10 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Unbelievable player. I don't think there's a chance we sign him, he will have a load of offers from CL clubs. Enjoy him while we can, if he's still here next season it will be amazing.

Tough one - if he feels the love then I can see him staying and enjoying his football. 

3 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Put the permanent deal on the table now. He may not sign it but, I'm hopeful Stevie can convince him to stay past the summer

We have an agreement in place to sign him for 33 mill if we want to without any competition from any other club . Why sign him now when we can see how he impacts us for the rest of the season.? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We have an agreement in place to sign him for 33 mill if we want to without any competition from any other club . Why sign him now when we can see how he impacts us for the rest of the season.? 

It was more tongue in cheek mate. I also think he'll be very positive for us until the summer atleast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Watkins said he thinks so much quicker than the other players on the pitch and you can see that. His overall intelligence and technical ability is what sets him apart from others in our team. 

Grealish was technically very good with his dribbles and touch, but didn't think like Coutinho or have his intelligence, always wanting to go down for the foul and stopping the play. Coutinho just seems to always have the right weight of pass and knows when to speed up and slow down. He's fantastic. 

He's 30 in June but has the quality in the right team to help us break into the top 7. 3-year deal in the summer makes most sense. 

For all Grealish's silky dribbling he doesn't have the quick feet, technique or vision that Coutinho possesses. For me, Phil is a lot more effective in the final third and its no surprise that he already has more assists than Grealish in far fewer games. 

• Like 3

For me it still hasn't quite sunk in that Philippe Coutinho actually plays for Aston Villa. It's not some sort of dream, it's a reality. He’s a genius, a magician, world class, whatever you want to call him. He's totally lighting up Villa Park right now, and I hope more than anything that we make the loan move permanent.

• Like 3

It's like he's playing Fifa and has a birds eye view of the pitch - isn't fast, isn't big, but doesn't need these qualities to devestate a game - he will be as good in 4 years time - we must sign him up to a big contract. 

• Like 3

The first time he has been the main man at a club. Its pretty much the Grealish situation at the start of last season. Head and shoulders our best player.  And its because of the composure and vision. The 2 things that separate the good from the great. 

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

First time I've been able to see him live and wow, what a player. Incredible to watch, it's a bit mental no one else seemed to make a big push for him in January. 

I won't say he's the best player I've seen at Villa because Grealish done magical things but get Coutinho signed permanently in the summer and there's a very good chance my opinion will change this time next season. 

if you believe the rumours, a few did, but he wanted to come and play for Gerrard (apparently).

3 hours ago, jim said:

I’m going to buy a shirt with a players name on the back for the first time in 30 years tonight.

Just waiting til her signs the permanent but I respect the move. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If we pull this off in the summer it will be a tremendous deal. He was Grealish levels today. Just get him the ball. 

Coutinho is next-level...

I'm aware and expectant that a bigger fish will lure him away, I'm really trying to not get attached.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â