Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Grealish was technically very good with his dribbles and touch, but didn't think like Coutinho or have his intelligence, always wanting to go down for the foul and stopping the play. Coutinho just seems to always have the right weight of pass and knows when to speed up and slow down. He's fantastic. 

The difference between a £140m player and a £100m player! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Certainly hit the ground running and hitting the heights I was expecting to be honest. This club needs a hero, imo we lost one of our own but already have a better one. Thats a masterstroke in itself, fanbase feel appeased. Great to have 2 Brazilians on the scoresheet for a second time in our history 👌

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Watkins said he thinks so much quicker than the other players on the pitch and you can see that. His overall intelligence and technical ability is what sets him apart from others in our team. 

Yeah, he sees all the split second gaps that I'm normally frustrated about our players not seeing...while I'm sat on my sofa watching a bird's-eye view.

• Like 1

First time I've been able to see him live and wow, what a player. Incredible to watch, it's a bit mental no one else seemed to make a big push for him in January. 

I won't say he's the best player I've seen at Villa because Grealish done magical things but get Coutinho signed permanently in the summer and there's a very good chance my opinion will change this time next season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

First time I've been able to see him live and wow, what a player. Incredible to watch, it's a bit mental no one else seemed to make a big push for him in January. 

I won't say he's the best player I've seen at Villa because Grealish done magical things but get Coutinho signed permanently in the summer and there's a very good chance my opinion will change this time next season. 

Tbf it was a massive gamble. Even some on here didn’t want him. He hasn’t been good for years. Gerrard knows him though and clearly knows exactly what it takes to unlock him. 

I honestly don’t see much difference between him now and at his prime. Considering he’s barely been playing before coming here the way in which he has hit the ground running is just phenomenal. I want him to retire here. 

He makes it look so simple - his touch is always perfect, he's wonderfully balanced, he's not trying to do to much, he just gets the ball and does the thing he wants to with it. He's getting better and better and it really is a mouthwatering proposition if we can get two or three seasons of this. He's beautiful to watch.

• Like 1

Â