Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

i really.

really.

reeeallly.

Hope we can make his move permanent.

His game isnt massively dependent on top speed, just short bursts of speed and his sublime skill/balance/technique etc, so he should be able to stay close to the top of his game for a few years, would love us to build a team around him and Buendia for the next 3 years or so.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i really.

really.

reeeallly.

Hope we can make his move permanent.

His game isnt massively dependent on top speed, just short bursts of speed and his sublime skill/balance/technique etc, so he should be able to stay close to the top of his game for a few years, would love us to build a team around him and Buendia for the next 3 years or so.....

Let’s be honest. Even if it’s just for a few years too. To get someone of his skill set for just £30ish million is an incredible deal. Assuming he stays healthy of course.

I am genuinely baffled why some people are concerned about whether or not he stays. 

He had options in January but wanted to come here, and by all accounts he is happy here after a few difficult years at Barcelona. 

Im probably setting myself up for a fall here but as far as I’m concerned signing him permanently in the summer is an absolutely formality 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

I am genuinely baffled why some people are concerned about whether or not he stays. 

He had options in January but wanted to come here, and by all accounts he is happy here after a few difficult years at Barcelona. 

Im probably setting myself up for a fall here but as far as I’m concerned signing him permanently in the summer is an absolutely formality 

Agreed

He'll be even happier when we sign his pals Luis Suarez and Bobby Firminho in the summer :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just hope we don't have 5 months of excruciating discussion about contract terminology and minutiae.

Let's enjoy him being here and if he's happy, i'm sure he will sign. He's apparently a shy chap and just wants to be wanted and loved. He can have that here. 

Totally agree with this.I haven’t read this thread for a while and I am astounded at how much detailed speculation there is about his contract and the option to buy clause. Answer: nobody knows.

In the meantime he is playing some of the the most skilful football we have seen for a very long time at Villa Park. 3 games, 2 goals and 3 assists? Why isn’t the thread rocking in celebration of that?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I just hope we don't have 5 months of excruciating discussion about contract terminology and minutiae.

Let's enjoy him being here and if he's happy, i'm sure he will sign. He's apparently a shy chap and just wants to be wanted and loved. He can have that here. 

He could have that at eg Liverpool if they wanted him back. We need to shower him with love every second of every day. 

Just now, Spoony said:

He could have that at eg Liverpool if they wanted him back. We need to shower him with love every second of every day. 

Klopp doesn't want him.

I don't think Coutinho's manner of exit from Liverpool helped his relationship with Jurgen. 

Felt sorry for him Ramsey, and Buendia not to be on the winning side last night, obviously it's a team effort, but almost feels like the rest owe them a clean-sheet on Sunday.

HIs first assist gets the headlines but thought his second had all the hallmarks of a brilliant player too, most players would have tried to play it early but he waited and watied for Ramsey to appearl and then played a perferct pass, he made that pass look a lot simpler than it actually was, good run from Ramsey too as when Coutinho first recieved the ball he was nowhere to be seen so made up a lot of ground to get into the box.

• Like 2

I really really really like him but it's also early days. This loan was about getting him playing and also about him proving his fitness. 

Things are going in a really good direction, the only thing villa can do is to keep giving him a reason to make this deal permanent.

Nights like last night will help.

11 hours ago, Spoony said:

I doubt that’d be the case. If we negotiated the option properly neither he nor Barca would have a choice and both the fee and the contract have been agreed in advance, we just need to push the button. I just found it odd that Spurs fans seem to think they also have an option. 

It was rumored that Barca wanted a mandatory purchase clause inserted & I'm guessing that we wanted to have the flexibility to make sure he performed well so we were after just the "option to buy"

Â