Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Sky bullshitters very complementary (underhanded) about the Steven Gerrard pull, saying he's very ambitious, he won't accept being 12/13th, he will be wanting to be pushing for 6/7th, really, we're a player and a few few stupid errors away from that now you dumbass's, SG and NWSE will be hungry for at LEAST that. Oh and why isn't he going to Leics or spurs instead.

TOOLS

Edited by Phil Silvers

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Sky bullshitters very complementary (underhanded) about the Steven Gerrard pull, saying he's very ambitious, he won't accept being 22/13th, he will be wanting to be pushing for 6/7th, really, we're a player and a few few stupid errors away from that now you dumbass's, SG and NWSE will be hungry for at LEAST that. Oh and why isn't he going to Leics or spurs instead.

Newcastle's owners has changed the whole landscape though.

I can't see anyone but the top 4 compete with them.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

We are tied into 18ths of his wages then though @ between £200 + 350k week. Big outlay for a current players whos form has dipped. I think loan until the end of the season is the better deal.

Guess it depends on if one thinks he will flop or not. I think he will be quite useful in this system once he gets a couple games under his belt.

Obviously anything close to his full salary is absurd since it's one of the worst contracts in football behind Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale.

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

And James Bree is still only 24!? He must’ve been a foetus when we signed him

3 minutes ago Coutinho was a done deal - now we are talking about James Bree !!!!!! ? - how much are his wages ? 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I can see it ending up like James.

He'll play alright for 5-6 months then a big club will pick him up.

He is most likely looking at us as a stop gap and that's ok.

Ah yes, James picked up by that massive Qatari club Al-Rayyan. Clearly his performances for Everton put him in their window.

If Coutinho is motivated, he’ll be an unbelievable signing. He’ll be the most talented player in the squad by a country mile. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky bullshitters very complementary (underhanded) about the Steven Gerrard pull, saying he's very ambitious, he won't accept being 22/13th, he will be wanting to be pushing for 6/7th, really, we're a player and a few few stupid errors away from that now you dumbass's, SG and NWSE will be hungry for at LEAST that. Oh and why isn't he going to Leics or spurs instead.

TOOLS

I unlike Sky would be very impressed if we finish 22th, be an achievement😉

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Guess it depends on if one thinks he will flop or not. I think he will be quite useful in this system once he gets a couple games under his belt.

Obviously anything close to his full salary is absurd since it's one of the worst contracts in football behind Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale.

Its a bit like investing I suppose - the greater the risk the greater the rewards 

• Like 1

Can't wait for his first goal

"And it's over to Kammy with news of a goal"

"Yes Jeff it's that man coutinho scoring for..... an undisclosed team. Can't tell who it is yet. My sources saying it could be for Liverpool or arsenal. Possible for villa but unlikely"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Daily Mail are reporting this as a done deal.

Given the Daily Mails record of reporting anything I'd say he's soon to be a Newcastle player.

Having not read it I'll happily assume the article was 10% us signing Coutinho and 90% ranting that English players are being held back by another foreigner joining and surely Brexit means Brexit? 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle's owners has changed the whole landscape though.

I can't see anyone but the top 4 compete with them.

They can't spend huge though can they, unless it's in breach of ffp, they are probably 5 years away from that unless they get lucky and bring in a very talented manager. They are most likely starting in a different league to start with too.

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

Can't wait for his first goal

"And it's over to Kammy with news of a goal"

"Yes Jeff it's that man coutinho scoring for..... an undisclosed team. Can't tell who it is yet. My sources saying it could be for Liverpool or arsenal. Possible for villa but unlikely"

More like 

"over to Kammy now with a big moment that will delight all the Liverpool fans watching" 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

They can't spend huge though can they, unless it's in breach of ffp, they are probably 5 years away from that unless they get lucky and bring in a very talented manager. They are most likely starting in a different league to start with too.

Mike Ashley has run them on profit for years.

They are allowed to spend much more than we are by FFP.

Â