Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

OK, so nothing more solid than the initial rumours. I still struggle to believe we'll smash out wage structure for him on loan but he is a class player at his best. Let's wait and see. I've seen nothing to make me think he'll deffo be a villa player by Monday.

There is a lot more than the initial rumours. Just about every footballing transfer source and rumour in the world is suggesting Coutinho is coming to Villa. 

• Like 1

Don't think there's any doubt that we're heavily interested, I can't see why Newcastle wouldn't be massively interested either though, and they would likely to be willing to cover a higer percent of his wages.

• Like 1

I’m ridiculously excited about this signing.

All I’d say to those who are (in some respects understandably) sceptical is that we’ve seen first hand with grealish at city how a player who is world class can fade when moving to a new club. I’ve no idea why coutinho was out of favour at Barca and injuries haven’t helped him, but we’re talking about a player who was genuinely the best player in the league 4 years ago. If he’s even a quarter of that player this deal will be worth it 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I’m ridiculously excited about this signing.

All I’d say to those who are (in some respects understandably) sceptical is that we’ve seen first hand with grealish at city how a player who is world class can fade when moving to a new club. I’ve no idea why coutinho was out of favour at Barca and injuries haven’t helped him, but we’re talking about a player who was genuinely the best player in the league 4 years ago. If he’s even a quarter of that player this deal will be worth it 

He’s also coming to a club that will be deeply appreciative of him coming. At Barca, they’ve been spoilt! So many superb players over the years, maybe it’s easy for fans and staff to become slightly indifferent? He’ll feel the love here, bit like Martinez perhaps, fall in love a bit and find his mojo. 

• Like 2

Just now, limpid said:

Why would vT crash because of a little load? Weird thing to suggest.

Dunno, everytime a website crashes people call for resignations which I think is a bit weird. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hang on, are we talking about the same player? I have literally seen him be one of the best players in English football for like 5 straight seasons with my own eyes. Ludicrous. 

Honestly, to listen to what Balague said you'd think Coutinho had spent the few years since he left Liverpool just sat around necking White Lightning and eating Wotsits.

He's had some injuries, sure, and it might take him a few games to get sharp but he's 29

39 minutes ago, will87 said:

Don't think there's any doubt that we're heavily interested, I can't see why Newcastle wouldn't be massively interested either though, and they would likely to be willing to cover a higer percent of his wages.

Its not just down to Barca where he goes. Coutinho has to agree to the move. So if he prefers Villa to Toon, it really doesn't matter what % of wages Toon offer, Barca cannot force him to sign for Toon over Villa

Just saw this. You can understand why it all went south after his transfer. I honestly believe a move to Villa would be ideal for him. There aren't many people out there who understand him better than Gerrard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

I've heard of some bloke who says he knows some things and hears stuff..

That apparently, take this with a pinch of salt. The deals being held up cos purslows adamant they take Wesley, but barca keep saying they'll drop the loan fee and cover more wages not to. But purslows insistent they have him.

Don't shoot the messenger

But they need to offload Coutinho to register Ferran Torres...

3 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

That apparently, take this with a pinch of salt. The deals being held up cos purslows adamant they take Wesley, but barca keep saying they'll drop the loan fee and cover more wages not to. But purslows insistent they have him.

Maybe we should insist they take Trezeguet as well. They might give us Coutinho for free.

I heard we had to cancel the Tuanzebe loan so that we could bring in Coutinho because we're limited in how many loans we can bring in in a season.

Edit: He just text again to say that it's actually Gustavo Bartelt we're bringing back on loan. Still though, it's good to be getting a little more south american flair in the side either way. And from reading this thread, I think they're basically the same age.

Edited by YLN

12 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

They took Martin Braithwaite, I’ve seen stranger things

Â