Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

And that's where my concern starts......

But if he was in favour then we wouldn’t have a chance.  Players get out of favour for many reasons plus we aren’t talking about Joe Bloggs, we are talking about a player that cost £142m a few years back and played for three of the biggest teams in the world.  He looked good at Bayern, Barca hasn’t worked out…if he can’t play anymore then fair enough but that doesn’t seem the problem and we are several levels below those teams so he’d still be easily our best outfield player if he could hit third/fourth gear.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

And that's where my concern starts......

Just totally ignoring the fact that the place where he has "fallen out of favor" is perhaps the poorest organised football hierarchy and overall club across Europe's top 5 leagues. A club in Billions of pounds worth of debt, run by idiots with no football identity, a recent history of messing world class players around, playing them in stupid positions and have changed manager 4 times in 2 years. 

The one well organised big club he was at in the last 3 years he played 36 times scored 11 times and got 14 assists and a shitty little trophy called the Champions League. 

Concerned?

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 4

Would probably be our biggest signing for 30 years... minor risk given injuries last year, but if fit he is truly world class - among the very, very best players in the world. 

I won't let myself believe it til he signs. He should be signing for PSG, Real, or Juve.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ejvilla said:

Would probably be our biggest signing for 30 years... minor risk given injuries last year, but if fit he is truly world class - among the very, very best players in the world. 

I won't let myself believe it til he signs. He should be signing for PSG, Real, or Juve.

Apparently had 16 appearances for Barca this season as well so I think injuries may well be basically recovered from, from last season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, all the dressing room are going to be really upset the 3rd most expensive ever player has joined the club temporarily and is paid a lot more than they are. 

Comical some of the arguments against Coutinho I've read today. 

You have to say it’s a risk though. It’s a huge jump in wages considering our existing payment structure for a player that’s only here temporarily and may not end up getting on the park a whole bunch (see Ross Barkley).

Would be a massive upgrade on what we have but won’t lose any sleep if we don’t sign him. Unless there is a possibility of signing him on a permanent I don’t really see the point. We aren’t going down and we certainly aren’t getting Europe. Would rather get a proper bully in midfield who will be here for the long term. 

I could go on about age, resale value (if signed), attitude, application etc but this guy went for 105m+ only a few years ago. On his day he is without doubt one of the best players in the world. If this is somehow possible get it done.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But if he was in favour then we wouldn’t have a chance.  Players get out of favour for many reasons plus we aren’t talking about Joe Bloggs, we are talking about a player that cost £142m a few years back and played for three of the biggest teams in the world.  He looked good at Bayern, Barca hasn’t worked out…if he can’t play anymore then fair enough but that doesn’t seem the problem and we are several levels below those teams so he’d still be easily our best outfield player if he could hit third/fourth gear.

What are we basing this on? Has he played much for Barca recently? 

I was trying to find some replays.

2 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

he is truly world class - among the very, very best players in the world.

I rolled my eyes when seeing the link but became pretty convinced this would be a good move reading the replies against it. Really not sure about this assertion that he is 'truly world class' however, shared by yourself and others. He isn't. An excellent player, certainly.

5 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

What are we basing this on? Has he played much for Barca recently? 

I was trying to find some replays.

608 minutes across 16 appearances, equivalent of 6.5 full games for somebody out of favour and two goals.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/philippe-coutinho/leistungsdaten/spieler/80444

4C23E7BB-1863-4DAE-96AD-5D63565237CF.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll temper my enthusiasm until he signs

I remember Juninho being at VP and we still couldn't get the deal over the line

iIRJJrm.jpeg

That's photo shopped, no chance that's Cristiano's mate driving that car. 

• Like 1

In the space of about 4 hours I've gone from not being too fussed, to now thinking that I'll be gutted if we don't sign him.

He is a class players and it shows our ambition, both of which should help attract other players of quality.

Certainly better than signing another winger.

• Like 4

Not sure how I feel about Coutinho, just smells like someone who the game has passed by, but then Barca have been seen to be wrecking players careers lately with the likes of Griezman and others.

Ive thought we’ve needed an AM with time who can pull the strings in attack, but will his work rate in pressing be sufficient?

Agree a loan is harmless to find out.

Edited by QldVilla

Â