Pre-Match Thread

rjw63

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But obviously they will turn up and play like their lives depended on it against us...

That's the service we provide after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Will be a completely different side on Monday to the side they put out next Saturday 

Really?

Last thing Rangnick needs is to go out of the cup considering how bad they've looked so far under him.

I said Ronaldo may be on bench v us but that will just mean front 3 of Sancho-Cavani-FGreenwood or something which ironically would probably cause us more issues at the back. Can't see them suddenly playing a string of kids.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really?

Last thing Rangnick needs is to go out of the cup considering how bad they've looked so far under him.

I said Ronaldo may be on bench v us but that will just mean front 3 of Sancho-Cavani-FGreenwood or something which ironically would probably cause us more issues at the back. Can't see them suddenly playing a string of kids.

Obviously won't be kids but I can see at least 5/6 changes from the cup/league games 

Having won already at Old Trafford earlier this season, we should have nothing to fear. They do have incredible quality in forward positions but their new coach doesn’t seem to know how to get the best from them. Rashford, Cavani, Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood, are all a danger but we have quality as well. 

Fitness and Covid permitting again, the team pretty much picks itself apart from one two positions. I’m guessing McGinn can play this one but will miss the next league game? If it’s this one, then apologies and Carney in if so.  Going to say 1-2 win.

Martinez

Cash         Konsa             Mings         Targett

McGinn      Luiz      Sanson 

Buendia      Ramsey

Watkins

Subs: Steer, Hause, Young, Iroegbunam, Carney, Lindley, El Ghazi, Archer, Ings

• Like 3

Yeah McGinn is out for next Saturday. Would play him as number 10 role instead of Ramsey as if we're really aggressive from the front pressing then likes of Maguire and Varane will constantly give the ball away based on their latest performances.

Think it's a question of whether we bring Ollie straight back or use him from the bench. Can't see Ings being dropped given he scored last match.