Pre-Match Thread

rjw63

I don't remember ever as being this optimistic when we were going away to OT. I'm sure that this will mean a lot to Stevie G as well. 

I hope that we go there looking to dominate, or at least compete, from the off. I believe that we have a midfield 3/5 that is capable of doing this v Man U. SJM has a point to prove, given how he cannot play at the weekend so I am looking for a barnstormer from him.

I think it will be close and that the old goal will win it - so I predict a Liverpool-esque 7-2 to us!🤪

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't remember ever as being this optimistic when we were going away to OT. I'm sure that this will mean a lot to Stevie G as well. 

I hope that we go there looking to dominate, or at least compete, from the off. I believe that we have a midfield 3/5 that is capable of doing this v Man U. SJM has a point to prove, given how he cannot play at the weekend so I am looking for a barnstormer from him.

I think it will be close and that the old goal will win it - so I predict a Liverpool-esque 7-2 to us!🤪

They may be a set back, Maguire might be missing for them, that makes them stronger. Still a win but narrower margin I think.

I wonder about the team United will put out. I expect us to be close to full strength but usually United would put out a second string team. But with RR already under pressure he can’t afford to lose this one so I think he will play a stronger side. 

Either way I think we have enough to compete and if we defend well I think we could nick a win. I’m going to a hard fought 2-1 Villa win. United to get their pen around 70mins following a blatant dive from Greenwood that the commentators will call intelligent play from the young man! 

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

United to get their pen around 70mins following a blatant dive from Greenwood that the commentators will call intelligent play from the young man! 

What about Fernandez - I think you've missed his certain penalty???

I don't fancy us in this game.

They will be smarting, with all the criticism, some of it quite searching.

This is there only chance, for any glory, this season.

We can do it, but not with a Brentford performance.....we need to be much more resolute.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Just been reading their "Red Café" forum and it's quite funny seeing the majority of the posters expecting us to turn them over, probably never happened in our entire history.

They are there for the taking, for sure, but they have very capable players that can hurt us if they are on it. 

Hard one to call, just hope we play well, don't concede any soft goals and don't get done by the ref/VAR/on pens, etc etc, and what will be will be.

I expect us to go as full strength as possible, which I hope may give us the edge.