Pre-Match Thread

rjw63

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You would if his daughter was in the back with you!

I've not seen her but I'll take your word for it ;)

One of my sons was given two free hospitality tickets for this match by a business contact and asked me to go with him. I reluctantly said no due to the traveling involved (a trip to VP knackers me these days). He's going with one of my other sons now. 

• Like 1

Team largely picks itself. Will be a very young bench bar El Ghazi.

I'd bring in Sanson for this and push McGinn into one of the two 10s behind Ings. Probably have Ollie as another one to track back.

We did beat them playing with much derided 3-5-2 so I would expect us to give them a really good game as their current level is pretty poor.

Wouldn't shock me if this goes to pens and then let Emi do his black magic on them as they step up.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Team largely picks itself. Will be a very young bench bar El Ghazi.

I'd bring in Sanson for this and push McGinn into one of the two 10s behind Ings. Probably have Ollie as another one to track back.

We did beat them playing with much derided 3-5-2 so I would expect us to give them a really good game as their current level is pretty poor.

Wouldn't shock me if this goes to pens and then let Emi do his black magic on them as they step up.

Why is the 3-5-2 derided? It was great in the 90s, it would suit the players that we have now. Feeney would be closer to our first team too :)