Pre-Match Thread

rjw63

I can't see us beating Manure tonight, especially after losing at Brentford. If the bad Manure turn up I can see us maybe going down by a solitary controversial goal to them - a Fernandes dive to win Ronaldo a penalty to convert - unless Emi ca psych him out! If Manure turn up in the right frame of mind, I can see us losing by 2 or 3. 

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Gerrard's record against the big sides so far awful as well

That's a fabrication and a total lie. ! He's the best thing to happen to this club into 22 years.

We nearly won all our matches against the big teams we've played under super Stevie 🤣

By nature all teams lose to sides better than them and beat sides worse than them on average. Having said that I reckon under Smith we were probably a little bit of an outlier in both respects without the stats to prove it. Regardless, a completely nothing thing to say.

I’d like to see a bit of rotation but I think Gerrard will go full strength.

Edited by a m ole

I’m looking forward to this tonight. We should field a strong side and look to capitalise on Manure’s less than impressive recent form. Ragnick is under pressure already so let’s not make it easy for him. 

After Brentford, this will be a good test of how we bounce back. I’m expecting us to  be up for it from the start, if we’re as lethargic as Brentford then we may as well go home. 

I feel strangely optimistic for a 3rd round tie at Old Trafford. The tables have got to turn at some point, and now seems like a good time to be playing them. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 16:27, villalad21 said:

I would have gone full strength even if we played Yeovil Town

Cups are important to me. It's a chance to win a trophy. That means more to me than giving a few kids some minutes.

Except that time Dean Smith got us to a cup final 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

If we can't beat Brentford away (who were terrible btw) - then I don't hold out much hope for tonight. 

Was proper frustrating that one for me, What a terrible result for us. If we wanna move on we need to be beating the Brentford's of the league, hope never again with the new signings. 

As for tonight, I don't fancy us, Man U will wanna go for this to win at least the FA cup.

37 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Do the yellow card suspensions only count in the league? I’m not sure but it might be the league game against man united that he misses.

Had to google it - Reds count across all competitions, Yellows only in the competition they were received - so I expect him to play - good!

• Like 1