New Years Weekends Football 1/2 January/Midweek Football 3/6 January

andykeenan

For what it's worth, I think any kind of potential conflict of interest like that should be investigated with a public disclosure of the relationships, and @OutByEaster? did post it as a conspiracy theory, but for the people taking it seriously, Silver Lake is a private equity company with assets worth over $230bn. They have their fingers in so many pies, their paltry investment in IMG is hardly a blip. https://www.silverlake.com/portfolio/index/CurrentInvestments/

Private equity firms are typically extremely hands off and aren't going to be risking the reputation of their $200bn holdings for the sake of a potential better return on their £300m minor stake in the City Football Group.

They wholly own Endevour, which is the parent company of IMG, which handles the production of the PL (as well as working with loads of other huge companies, like being responsible for some Amazon Studios production).

I think it's incredibly likely the people at IMG have no idea that the owner of their parent company own a minor stake in city, and even if they did, they run the cameras and studios, do you think they're editing things on the fly and nudging cameras the wrong way so the refs get a bad view? They make no decisions, that's all PGMOL.

It's an interesting tidbit of info. Is it a plausible conspiracy? Absolutely not.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Halt time review and Lanzini's really is a great goal, receives it so well and the finish is superb.

Is the 3rd a penalty, ref gives nothing and is right on top of it, it's tight but from the other angle it's a pen, is that clear and obvious though, should it even have been looked at.

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Desperate for someone to rock the apple cart and bust into the top6 but why does it have to be poxy spam. Grrrr.

Who would you want it to be other than us? Wolves? Leicester? Newcastle if they stay up? None are great options.

• Like 2

I don't like West Ham either, but every single season one of the ESL scum are kicked out of the top 6 is a victory for the rest of the league and destabilises them a bit more. Happy for them to keep our seat warm ;) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good player but an awful lot of smoke gets blown up his arse. He hasn’t won anything yet (although he’s only 22) and he plays for a second rate side with low expectations. 

100 million if you want him off Moyes, so he reckons.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Who would you want it to be other than us? Wolves? Leicester? Newcastle if they stay up? None are great options.

Us obviously and one by one replace the lot with Leics Wolves Everton, Brentford would be fun and Norwich of course, come on the Deano. Clubs have come and gone from the top of the over the decades, a few are always there, sadly feels like this is it forever now though with these 6. Let's hope SG is even better then we all hope and gives them all a proper run for their money.

Never liked spam though for some reason.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Is the 3rd a penalty, ref gives nothing and is right on top of it, it's tight but from the other angle it's a pen, is that clear and obvious though, should it even have been looked at.

Absolutely needed reviewing for me. You'd have to say it's very poor refereeing - a clear handball, in the box, three yards away from him, that he's looking directly at - and he still doesn't give it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't like West Ham either, but every single season one of the ESL scum are kicked out of the top 6 is a victory for the rest of the league and destabilises them a bit more. Happy for them to keep our seat warm ;) 

Same

A lot of people (rightfully) dislike the scum6, but then will vehemently be against any other team replacing them in the top 6. Very odd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely needed reviewing for me. You'd have to say it's very poor refereeing - a clear handball, in the box, three yards away from him, that he's looking directly at - and he still doesn't give it.

Only thing is at full speed from his angle it could be the defenders chest and the guys arm is moving out of the way as quick as, so you are absolutely correct and its clear and obv and as you say completely incompetent.

As others have said the tech is there, it's still human error.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same

A lot of people (rightfully) dislike the scum6, but then will vehemently be against any other team replacing them in the top 6. Very odd.

The amount of hate in football astounds me. People really, really care about other clubs. All a bit odd. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

In fairness, I’d imagine hate is a pretty standard reaction for anyone who has had the misfortune to encounter West Ham fans.

Hate is a strong word, bit different to disliking other teams that prevent Villa from progressing. 

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Was there ever any chance of us getting Bowen?

Yeah I'd imagine so.

We just couldn't spend the money at the time due to FFP. West Ham bought him in Jan of our first season in PL. If they weren't there we probably could have structured a deal to get it done.

His agent took them to the cleaners as I recall, think it was a very late deal so yer man from Hull who had never played for a top half championship side got put straight onto £85k a week.

He's really come of age this season, looks the part.

Â