New Years Weekends Football 1/2 January/Midweek Football 3/6 January

andykeenan

fine City did get two bookings at the death of the game. only one was from playing dirty (Silva). but that Rodri only got one for taking his shirt off and not for clattering Martinelli or that tactical foul is beyond me.

• Like 3

City have the best players and the “best” manager, so just give them the title before the season starts then, what’s the point in playing the games?

Assign a VAR to the Premier Legaue table and judge that City got a touch on the ball so they’re awarded the trophy.

Edited by a m ole

The thing I'd like looked at after that game is Rodri's celebration - of course you have to make allowance for passion and the excitement of the moment, but he's deliberately antagonised the crowd and caused what could have been a very nasty incident - I don't like to see it happen and I think it's something that from a sporting perspective doesn't merit a red card in itself, something does need to be done about it - I'd like to see retrospective fines for that sort of thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing I'd like looked at after that game is Rodri's celebration - of course you have to make allowance for passion and the excitement of the moment, but he's deliberately antagonised the crowd and caused what could have been a very nasty incident - I don't like to see it happen and I think it's something that from a sporting perspective doesn't merit a red card in itself, something does need to be done about it - I'd like to see retrospective fines for that sort of thing.

Yeah there was two separate things worthy of a yellow card there. Both taking off the jersey and goading the opposing fans usually leads to yellow cards.

Don't mind city winning stuff because they're an irrelevance. There's no stakes.

What happens if they come 6th one year? Nothing. They won't lose any of their best players. They'll still spend £200m in the summer.

Also no fans so less annoying than Liverpool winning it. Loads of online bots trying to make noise, but nothing real.

They're a constant reminder of how football has allowed to be ruined.

Hope Jack enjoyed that big win.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, it is not nice. This fixture does have its moments.  Adebayor's celebration should have received a few game ban imo

• Like 1

Â