New Years Weekends Football 1/2 January/Midweek Football 3/6 January

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just been wondering where the Watford-Spurs game is and apparently it's not on the telly because it's Saturday today!

Who knew!

It is on Premier 1 HD for me (Ireland), games that are on Premier 1 are always on Amazon in the UK, did u try there?

Can see why Watford are struggling, they look really  poor, can hardly keep hold of the ball for more than a few passes. They've had a difficut run of games, but wouldn't be surprised to see Ranieri's job come under threat if their form continues.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Can see why Watford are struggling, they look really  poor, can hardly keep hold of the ball for more than a few passes. They've had a difficut run of games, but wouldn't be surprised to see Ranieri's job come under threat if their form continues.

Its coming close to time for Watford to change manager, they may wait till Feb 1st so they don't need to promise transfer funds to the new man for this window

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing I'd like looked at after that game is Rodri's celebration - of course you have to make allowance for passion and the excitement of the moment, but he's deliberately antagonised the crowd and caused what could have been a very nasty incident - I don't like to see it happen and I think it's something that from a sporting perspective doesn't merit a red card in itself, something does need to be done about it - I'd like to see retrospective fines for that sort of thing.

On the other hand he’s just scored a last minute winner on the road to winning the title. He should be able to celebrate the goal.

If a bunch of emotionally stunted man babies resort to violence in response any punishment should really be dealt out to the violent offenders rather than the goal scorer. 

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

On the other hand he’s just scored a last minute winner on the road to winning the title. He should be able to celebrate the goal.

If a bunch of emotionally stunted man babies resort to violence in response any punishment should really be dealt out to the violent offenders rather than the goal scorer. 

Where has anyone said he wasn’t allowed to celebrate?

There’s huge scale between celebrating and deliberately running to the opposing fans and goading them. **** idiotic tbh.

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Where has anyone said he wasn’t allowed to celebrate?

There’s huge scale between celebrating and deliberately running to the opposing fans and goading them. **** idiotic tbh.

Well yeah he really should have run to the other corner where his own fans were sitting 😅

I just don’t like this idea that people in a crowd causing an incident are excused from their own actions and the idea of an increased punishment for the player celebrating (he already got a card for the celebration) sets the wrong tone for me. 

• Like 1

The disappointment in the 5Live commentators voice when City scored in injury time echoed the feelings of the country. Football is ruined. We watch now to see who will finish second to fourth, and which Championship-level club will buckle under the impossible strain of keeping up with the world's richest clubs. What's the point of this?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

The disappointment in the 5Live commentators voice when City scored in injury time echoed the feelings of the country. Football is ruined. We watch now to see who will finish second to fourth, and which Championship-level club will buckle under the impossible strain of keeping up with the world's richest clubs. What's the point of this?

I think even we have no chance of fighting our way to a title challenge, or doing something in the game in the immediate future. Honestly, the reason I still watch is because I am in love with the club, the game is dead. Maybe my heart tells to believe to make myself enjoy it since I’ll not stop watching Villa, but my head says it will never, ever happen in my lifetime. And I’m 33.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is on Premier 1 HD for me (Ireland), games that are on Premier 1 are always on Amazon in the UK, did u try there?

Thank you but no. I don't Amazon.

By the sound of things I did myself a favour missing this one!

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think even we have no chance of fighting our way to a title challenge, or doing something in the game in the immediate future. Honestly, the reason I still watch is because I am in love with the club, the game is dead. Maybe my heart tells to believe to make myself enjoy it since I’ll not stop watching Villa, but my head says it will never, ever happen in my lifetime. And I’m 33.

There's a kind of vulgarity to what we would have to do that I'm not certain I wish to see. People give the likes of Spurs and Liverpool stick but they largely go about things in the correct way, whereas the Manchester clubs and now Newcastle certainly do not and will not.

I really need to move on of course, but what will Grealish really take from his turn-up-to-receive-a-trophy career now? English football is almost becoming a non-sport, and I'm really falling out of love with it.

Â