Match Thread: Norwich v Villa

ender4

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The passing between McGinn, Buendia, Cash and Watkins in particular has been a joy to watch.

However, I'm somewhat nervous about us being this comfortable and only 1-0 up...

Yeah that's the worry. 1 more and the game is killed off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

they have been particularly dreadful haven’t they.

We MUST not let this be like Burnley. They were equally dreadful first half then came back to win.

don't think that will happen. I'm sure Gerrard is somewhat happy with that first half, but he will not be happy about some of the miscommunications and missed opportunities. I fully expect us to go out in full force second half again.

I’m happy with this performance.  

We’ve completely controlled Norwich, they haven’t been able to do anything because we haven’t let them.  Wished we had another goal but hopefully that will come second half.  

Very comfortable, disciplined and professional first half by us without being spectacular.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Only conplaint is we only have one. We’ve played. Except, Ash for some reason. Don’t know what’s going on there. Sub at half time or give him max five mins to weak up after the break. 

I wonder if players like Ash find it hard to " Gee themselves " up for the likes of Norwich... Lol

If I'm honest, the atmosphere seems terrible, aside from when our fans get going a bit.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Inconsistency is Smiths middle name. 

Hope for their sake this isn't the start of his famous long, and bad run of form. 

Thing is vs utd I thought it looked like a cup tie, Norwich didn't have the quality but they had the fire in their belly and put a proper shift in

Tonight they look lazy and uninterested, beaten before a ball was kicked, they're second to absolutely everything 

The latter sounds all too familiar 

If I was a Norwich fan id boo that, you can forgive being shit if they put a shift in to make up for it, Norwich aren't even close to doing that 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I seem to be picking up an anti Dean Smith vibe on BT commentary. I think he’s done ok there so far. They looked buried before he went there, but they have caught up the teams in front of them. Norwich fans booing? What’s that about. 

Its ridiculous. Deano has had a fantastic start at Norwich. I dont see how booing helps them at all. but i am glad they are doing it, helps us.