Weekends Football 10/12 December

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

If there’s contact, VAR will give it and the refs know it. 
Without VAR the refs are free to wave it away if they think the attacker is trying it on. Contact yes, foul should be no.

Generally this season I've found refs have been waving away more tackles than in recent memory, in fact too much so earlier on in the season.  Today I think Mings, Aarons, Rafinha and Klich made poor decisions and got punished rightly.  Only the handball for City looked dodgy to me.  I've not seen the Ings incident yet though, nor any other tackles the Scum 6 might have got away with at their end.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

DdG suggesting Lindelof was struggling to breathe and he was worried because of what happened to Aguero and Eriksson. Sounds worrying.

Yep, always a worry when a player goes off with chest pains. Hope he's okay.

Today is the clearest day for as long as I can remember that the awarding of a goal for a foul/infringement in the area is completely wrong and unjust.

Man U, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all won today because of penalty goals despite the fact that likely none of those attacks would have lead to goals. Why are you awarded a goal and the match for the ball possibly hitting someone's arm pit or shoulder at the side of the penalty box?

For me it must be indirect free kicks for most fouls in the box, maybe a penalty for all fouls in the 6 yard box, and then discretion over the really bad, goal preventing fouls in rest of 18 yard box.

Problem is, the bigger teams wouldnt agree to this because they have the bulk of penalties, and so for example would likely have had one point today rather than three.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I find it fascinating looking at the table.

You'd think Brentford was bossing the Championship last season.

It's very rare to see a team going up through play offs looking so solid.

Still not convinced by them.  Think they might have enough to stay up though

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Still not convinced by them.  Think they might have enough to stay up though

With 20 points now on the board and most of our better players like Tony Ager and Pinnock back this month and Raya and Josh Dasilva back in Feb along with money to spend in January I think we will just about do it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

With 20 points now on the board and most of our better players like Tony Ager and Pinnock back this month and Raya and Josh Dasilva back in Feb along with money to spend in January I think we will just about do it.

You should do it, a lot of points and teams in between you and relegation

The problem is applying the brakes if a bad run comes, you lose 5 games on the bounce, the confidence goes the doubt comes and you can't stop the slide 

Happens in the 2nd season too once that buzz and adrenaline has gone, there's the mental side to it

Blackpool were having a great season until they weren't and once they weren't they didn't know what to do 

• Like 1

Tielemans makes a big difference for Leicester, but not sure what Newcastle were thinking of naming a two man midfield of Shelvey and Willock, would be like us last season naming a two man midfield of Barkley alongside some other primarily attack minded midielder. Not exactly helping themselves with team selection today, so not surprised they getting heavily beat.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Tielemans makes a big difference for Leicester, but not sure what Newcastle were thinking of naming a two man midfield of Shelvey and Willock, would be like us last season naming a two man midfield of Barkley alongside some other primarily attack minded midielder. Not exactly helping themselves with team selection today, so not surprised they getting heavily beat.

Howe just a woeful appointment. 

Think he conceded over 300 pl goals at Bournemouth. 

The least thing you want in a relegation dog fight. 

Â