Weekends Football 10/12 December

andykeenan

Was kind of hoping that if Leicester were going to win then that it would be by just one goal, as that would have given us a chance of going eighth with a win by at least two goals on Tuesday, even if only for one day until Brighton play Wolves.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes @villalad21 you're quite right, Howe did seem a strange appointment, that's not even saying he's a bad manager, but doesn't seem the kind you'd bring into a relegation battle, and his way of playing doesn't really suit the current Newcastle squad.

I think Bournemouth suited him. Just like Burnley suits Dyche. 

Not sure how he'll cope at a bigger club with higher demands. 

Judging of what I've seen Newcastle are already dead and buried. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Thanks 1

Howe would've been a better appointment in the summer, sort who needs a pre season to impose his style. Think with state Newcastle are in he's a very bad fit for next 6 months.

They really needed a Big Sam type who could come in, grind out a few 1-0 wins and then be mutually consented end of the season but they already tried him a decade ago.

Think Burnley of bottom 3 only ones I'd expect to give a good go to stay up as they can grind out draws and the odd win although their home form is very poor so that has to be improve second half of the season.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Howe would've been a better appointment in the summer, sort who needs a pre season to impose his style. Think with state Newcastle are in he's a very bad fit for next 6 months.

They really needed a Big Sam type who could come in, grind out a few 1-0 wins and then be mutually consented end of the season but they already tried him a decade ago.

Think Burnley of bottom 3 only ones I'd expect to give a good go to stay up as they can grind out draws and the odd win although their home form is very poor so that has to be improve second half of the season.

Agreed. 

Howe is trying to change way too much. 

They just need to do the simple things well and focus on the basics. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Guess which Crystal Palace player has put his hand into the face of a player on the other team and given him a big shove for the ninth straight game?

How does this bloke never get sent off?

Absolutely **** ridiculous, it’s been talked about for years and years that ‘raising your hands to the face’ is a red card. The guys **** Teflon. Can’t stand the word removed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Guess which Crystal Palace player has put his hand into the face of a player on the other team and given him a big shove for the ninth straight game?

How does this bloke never get sent off?

It's like he's got pictures of the FA heirarchy at a gay orgy or something.

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Absolutely **** ridiculous, it’s been talked about for years and years that ‘raising your hands to the face’ is a red card. The guys **** Teflon. Can’t stand the word removed.

I dont think you can give red cards for that. 

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's really strange how some players just have their trademark bullshit they get away with time and time again. Maguire and headlocks, Zaha and slaps. It's like they're immune

Yes but Maguire usually headlocks his own players 😂

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's really strange how some players just have their trademark bullshit they get away with time and time again. Maguire and headlocks, Zaha and slaps. It's like they're immune

I think Zaha is the biggest word removed in the game right now.  Spends the entire game winding people up and complaining about other people diving. Then takes any chance to get opposition players cards. 
If it was the other way around and Delph has slapped Zaha he’d still be rolling round on the floor. 

Â