V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

On 21/02/2023 at 07:44, thejoker said:

Some interesting quotes from the Vitoria president. Says that Vitoria will sign young Egyptian, Senegalese and South American players with the view to them moving to Villa if they’re good enough. Says it will benefit Vitoria because they wouldn’t get these players otherwise, and it benefits Villa because we get first option on all of their players. 

Hopefully we can trust that their coaches are good. 

• Like 1

On 21/02/2023 at 07:59, useless said:

Interesting quote

"The largest training complex in Senegal is owned by V Sports. We are talking about young athletes, up to the age of 18, who are in Senegal being worked on so that they can then follow their professional project. In Egypt, it is exactly the same way and it will be the same in South America."

Birmingham Mail

We will have a direct line to Brazil.

13 hours ago, Ceemo said:

The deal was officially given the go ahead by Vitoria members last Friday night. 

I love that our feeder club has a better stadium than Blues could ever dream of. (Small Wins Monday).

I finally got access to Vitoria's fan forum after having my application pending for weeks.  Looking around, their fans aren't really happy about this deal because like us, they've had some really dodgy investors in the past.   It also sounds like this deal gives 2 of the 3 board seats to NSWE, with only 1 being fan elected via the 50+1 system they have in place.  We also reportedly only gave them ~5 million euros for controlling interest in their club.  From a business point of view, it's a massive win for NSWE to essentially buy a controlling stake in a club in the Europa League/Europa Conference every season for such a small sum of money.  

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

List of  teams that begin with the letter V … 

https://footballdatabase.com/clubs-list-letter/V

If we're going to continue down that path, then the two that seem interesting to me as tie-ups are Vasco da Gama (because there are real advantages to signing players from South America under the new visa system) and Vissel Kobe (since low-key there are now lots of promising Japanese players cropping up, or seem to be anyway). 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we're going to continue down that path, then the two that seem interesting to me as tie-ups are Vasco da Gama (because there are real advantages to signing players from South America under the new visa system) and Vissel Kobe (since low-key there are now lots of promising Japanese players cropping up, or seem to be anyway). 

We also have 2 players in our squad from the Vasco youth system

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Be interesting to see if the Vegas franchise moves forward quicker now that the Vitoria sale has been agreed. 

Are there any more links to Scandinavian clubs or possibly Belgium/Austrian ones that NSWE might be interested in?

I’m sure I read somewhere we were looking at KAA Gent

10 hours ago, burchy said:

I’m sure I read somewhere we were looking at KAA Gent

Doesn’t have a V in it so very unlikely. Reckon we might go Dutch with VVV-Venlo? 

Edited by Tayls

Does it also mean, that players from our academy, that we are not sure about selling, can be groomed by Vitoria?

It's hard to break in to the premier league standard, but late bloomers might benefit in playing for Vitoria.

I see it as a two-way street.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, burchy said:

Be interesting to see if the Vegas franchise moves forward quicker now that the Vitoria sale has been agreed. 

Vegas will move at whatever speed MLS wants it to. They’ve said it’ll be announced by end of this year and expected to be Vegas or St Louis. If it’s Vegas, it’ll 90% be our owners behind it. Edens driving it because he owns all the facilities and land and is building the new high speed train between Vegas and LA, so huge for him if it works out.

Edited by Adam2003

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Vegas will move at whatever speed MLS wants it to. They’ve said it’ll be announced by end of this year and expected to be Vegas or St Louis. If it’s Vegas, it’ll 90% be our owners behind it. Edens driving it because he owns all the facilities and land and is building the new high speed train between Vegas and LA, so huge for him if it works out.

St Louis already has an MLS club. St Louis City, new to MLS this season

I’ve added Vitoria to my favourites on my LiveScore App so I can keep an eye on their results. They’re doing well and are now officially my son and I’s Portuguese team. 

Can only see the benefit for us with this link up. 

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve added Vitoria to my favourites on my LiveScore App so I can keep an eye on their results. They’re doing well and are now officially my son and I’s Portuguese team. 

Can only see the benefit for us with this link up. 

Bloody part time, armchair, plastic, glory hunter fan 😉😂

….me too 🥳

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

Â