Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/12/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Schmeichel is currently on Sky saying he can’t feel his thumb and he played through the match with a hand injury and he needs an x-ray. Saying he also should have had a penalty. What a tremendous words removed he is. 

He can't feel his thumb cos its so far up his own arse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

May as well just call this "Steven Gerrard.gif"

RashSecondhandHowlermonkey-max-1mb.gif

😅 This guy's a legend! Still makes me laugh even though I've seen it a hundred times before. (And I like the way you've even made him your avatar). 👍

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, robby b said:

😅 This guy's a legend! Still makes me laugh even though I've seen it a hundred times before. (And I like the way you've even made it your avatar). 👍

I think I said I'd make him my avatar if we went up during the 18/19 season and well, we did. Not changing it now.

• Like 1

Just been on the Leceister board and they can't believe how bad they are to get beaten by dross like us. Not only are we shite, we cheat and dive all the time too.

Pretty funny to see these entitled pricks thinking they're still good enough to compete at the top end, despite selling one of their best players every season. Delusional.

• Like 1

First half shows we still have work to do.

2nd half shows we are capable when at our best.

We still need a couple of higher pedigree players, but it will be difficult to know who gets benched/moved on.

Possibly more out of sentiment if I'm honest.

• Like 1

A great 2nd half display, which should have had us scoring 2 or 3 goals.

Watkins Ramsey and emi all guilty of holding onto the ball far too long a few times and getting over ran when a simple pass was on.

But apart from that, we were superb.

21 more points and then anything else is a bonus. Said at the start of season 10th to 8th would be a steady and realistic improvement and hopefully we continue to out fight and out work our opponents.

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This is a joke right? He was absolutely dreadful. Must've given away possession more times than the rest of the team combined. Sure he grafted a lot, but mostly got beat, and went down far too easy. This really was a poor game from him, and it wasn't the first. Pub player, sadly. 

Terrible take, from both posts to be fair, he is somewhere in between and careers shouldn’t be decided after 15 games. He tries stuff other players don’t think about unfortunately if these don’t come off it give the opposition possession.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Terrible take, from both posts to be fair, he is somewhere in between and careers shouldn’t be decided after 15 games. He tries stuff other players don’t think about unfortunately if these don’t come off it give the opposition possession.

Rough first half for him. You have to say that first goal might have been his though Konsa’s cleat tickle kept it inside the post. He got better as the game went on and had some nice touches and that hooked back heel when we were pinned in was lovely. The turnover in the first half was a couple players and not just him.

• Like 2

Just now, villaglint said:

Just wanted to flag up this post from @M_Afro in the pre match post. Have to copy it as can’t quote from a different locked thread. It inspired me to have a very rare bet. Went for 2-1 with Watkins and Buendia any time goal scorers. On another day what could have been! Couldn’t be happier to have lost my money! Hope you won a couple of quid mate. UTV! 

It’s my son’s seventh birthday on Sunday. He was born in Leicester on a weekend where we actually played Leicester at Villa Park. We went one down and all the nurses were giving me stick because I had bought my son a villa baby grow and they were all Leicester supporters. We can back to win 2-1!  
That’s gotta be a good Omen. Get your money on 2-1 Villans. UTV

I remember that game very well. Think it was Ulloa who scored early, Clark equalised from a free kick then Hutton scored.

• Like 2

Â