Cool YouTube Channels

maqroll

44 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You move like an exhausted ninja.

I'm harnessing my Qi (energy).

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast (muscle memory)...

Be still like a mountain and flow like the river....

Well I'm trying!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2022 at 19:20, hogso said:

JCS has quit YouTube now. Bummer. 

Yeah real shame. I'm hoping he manages to come back. Probably the best channel on YouTube imo

He does have a backup channel that less people know about just called "J C S". The thumbnail is a cat.

Only a couple of videos on there but still great.

HIs best one (on his main channel) is the Casey / Caley Anthony one. Just absolutely baffling

I've just got really into watching Pat Finnerty's channel of late. Really funny content about music, with his "What Makes This Song Stink" series being my favourite. This one is masterpiece:

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 4

I'll give that a watch

I think deep down I know dani california and snow are both bad songs but RHCP were a big band for me, I'd say by the way was my favourite album for a good year, californication was also great, post oasis pre libs they were the band, culminating in the Hyde Park show, I think I cling to those 2 songs as being the best thing on stadium arcadium which absolutely fell off a cliff and was garbage 

As for them overall thumbs up or thumbs down... I'd probably say down if I'm honest, so much material, 12 albums, and so much of it isn't good

Hyde Park was incredible though, shit that it's not on Spotify 

• Like 1

Don't know if the full shows are on youtube or elsewhere but the 1992 and 1993 were super good and well worth seeking out for those that haven't seen them. Nirvana, pearl jam, rhcp, rem loads to see. Even the adverts are cool, nintendo snes launch etc. If I can find the full show vids I'll post them here.

Here's 92, runtime is short so might not be in full.

1993, same again might not be full.

and from 93, Pearl Jam with Neil Young is great, really great.

Edited by Phil Silvers

This is one of the latest videos from SV Delos, a family of three (with occasional extra crew mates) sailing around the world. 

The boat was originally Brian and his brothers, and they've been sailing for over 10 years now. A couple of years ago, Bryan and Kazza had a baby, who they are now raising on the boat. 

That in itself is fascinating, I enjoy seeing the places they go, but they also do occasional videos on ship maintenance which is interesting too. 

A very easy watch once a week. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2022 at 07:11, villa4europe said:

Been watching huge amounts of this with the wife, think we've seen nearly all of them now. He's a very engaging presenter. I started watching just because I want to spend an extended period on holiday in Japan before I die, and watching it certainly hasn't put me off that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Been watching huge amounts of this with the wife, think we've seen nearly all of them now. He's a very engaging presenter. I started watching just because I want to spend an extended period on holiday in Japan before I die, and watching it certainly hasn't put me off that.

You definitely should, best place in the world Ive been and imo you can do it relatively "cheap" 2 weeks exploring Canada cost me double for example 

I'm sure from memory some of his videos he touches on it, you can have a £300 piece of sushi or you can have a £3 meal, there so much of everything that you can pick and choose 

I'm hoping to back in a could of years for my 40th but I want to change up the itinary and go to some of these lesser known places he visits, maybe like sapporo in the snow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You definitely should, best place in the world Ive been and imo you can do it relatively "cheap" 2 weeks exploring Canada cost me double for example 

I'm sure from memory some of his videos he touches on it, you can have a £300 piece of sushi or you can have a £3 meal, there so much of everything that you can pick and choose 

I'm hoping to back in a could of years for my 40th but I want to change up the itinary and go to some of these lesser known places he visits, maybe like sapporo in the snow

Yeah, I might need to watch them all again with a pen and paper next time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Geowizard has started a series where he attempts to travel 10 miles from Walsall to Wolverhampton, without walking on any roads. 

It's kind of a love letter to the black country, and probably a bit more interesting of you happen to know the area. Or, if like me, you're just a fan. 

• Like 4

On 23/03/2022 at 16:12, hogso said:

This is one of the latest videos from SV Delos, a family of three (with occasional extra crew mates) sailing around the world. 

The boat was originally Brian and his brothers, and they've been sailing for over 10 years now. A couple of years ago, Bryan and Kazza had a baby, who they are now raising on the boat. 

That in itself is fascinating, I enjoy seeing the places they go, but they also do occasional videos on ship maintenance which is interesting too. 

A very easy watch once a week. 

i also liked Sailing Zatara:

Parents, 2 sons, 2 daughters on a Cat, travelling the world, been going for 5 years!

On 08/04/2022 at 19:59, maqroll said:

The mother load of Japanese tsunami videos.

Once I saw the old man at 44 seconds trundling along I thought nope. Don't wanna see this today.

Â